8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Pathe Baby Motor

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pathe Baby Motor
Peter R Harrison
Junior

- posted April 15, 2018 04:59 AM      Profile for Peter R Harrison   Email Peter R Harrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

A while back I purchased a Pathe Baby G2 with the super attachment which has been awaiting restoration when I can find the time. I replaced the shutter thanks to Ron Ashton’s new units, and I have no worries about replacing the lamp when I get that far as I do similar things as part of my work all the time, but I am stuck as to what to do with the motor. I appreciate it’s 110v and I’m pretty sure after all this time it won’t be electrically safe to use anyway, so was assuming I will need to replace it? Has anyone done this already who could advise on what sort of thing to buy, or at least know what speed the motor runs at to try and replace it with something suitable?

Thanks in advance for your help.

|  IP: Logged

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted April 15, 2018 05:23 AM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Peter. I have not done it myself and cannot provide you technical references but to give you an idea, a member of the Ciné Club 9,5 de France has put a small transformer in the base of his Pathé Baby and it works now on 230 volts.

--------------------
Dominique

Terry Sills
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2018 06:17 AM      Profile for Terry Sills     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Pathe Baby with the motor and it works fine. Why don't you just try it. Depending on how it's been stored it should be ok and will probably have had little use. When I'm testing old electricals I use an RCD power circuit breaker safety plug with a test/reset button, so that I don't blow all the fuses in the house [Smile]

Peter R Harrison
Junior

- posted April 23, 2018 03:34 AM      Profile for Peter R Harrison   Email Peter R Harrison   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the advise. I shall give it a try!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC