8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm Forum   » Pathescope Princess

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pathescope Princess
Harley Jones
Junior

- posted August 23, 2018 09:49 AM      Profile for Harley Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Harley Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having acquired a Princess, which has no sprocket feed, just a claw, I find that the claw doesn’t engage forward enough to transport the film.
If any members are familiar with this projector, would anyone know how to adjust the claw travel?
Thanks
Harley

--------------------
Harley
www.cinenostalgia.co.uk

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 24, 2018 03:06 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Harley.
I am not familiar with the Princess but I quote below from The Home Cinema - Classic Home Movie Projectors by Gerald McKee in the hope that something mentioned may assist you.
"The intermittent was exactly the same as the one used in the Ace with two modifications: the claws were sufficiently lightly sprung to avoid tearing should the take-up torque be maladjusted: the actual claw carrier was adjustable at its pivot end to give simplified optical framing".
Here is a link to Grahame Newnham's site which discusses the Ace and its workings.
http://www.pathefilm.uk/95gearpat1ace.htm

--------------------
Maurice

Harley Jones
Junior

- posted August 26, 2018 06:14 AM      Profile for Harley Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Harley Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Maurice for that very useful information.
I shall have a close inspection and report back on my progress.

--------------------
Harley
www.cinenostalgia.co.uk

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC