From: Portland, OR, USA
Registered: May 2007
posted August 03, 2007 07:06 PM
Yesterday the sound worked fine on this Elmo ST-1200D I just bought. Today I cleaned the film path and sound heads, then took the back off to clean and lubricate. I ran it a bit with the back off to check out the gears and the new belts I had installed yesterday, and while doing this i touched the area at the top of the transformer area where wiring is soldered, giving myself a mild shock.
Then the the sound stopped working altogether. I thought I'd fried the amplifier or done something else really stupid. Then ten minutes later I tried again and the sound worked, then quit for a minute, then came back and now seems fine.
Is there something I should know, check, or do, (other than 'keep your fat fingers away from the wiring')or should I just relax and be happy I didn't ruin the sound for good? What might make the sound come and go like that? Something with the heads? Thanks! -Tom
[ August 03, 2007, 08:08 PM: Message edited by: Tom Johnson ]
| IP: Logged