8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Help folks! I need photos of Elmo GS800

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help folks! I need photos of Elmo GS800
Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 14, 2005 12:58 PM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have here a GS800 totally disassembled! I need to see some photos of the parts near the heads, because I don't know how to assemble some parts and some springs between the second sprocket and the heads. Example: what's the right position for the spring of the black tensioner?
Please, folks of forum help me!!!

[ January 15, 2005, 06:08 PM: Message edited by: Ugo Grassi ]

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 15, 2005 09:36 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Try sitting the spring adjuster at about the 9.45 position. Set up as you would with the GS1200. Sorry but cant help you with any pics.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Bill Parsons
Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2005 12:19 PM      Profile for Bill Parsons   Email Bill Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ugo, I would be happy to supply any info you require, if you are still in need of a photo, let me know and I will send it direct to you.

Bill.

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2005 01:50 PM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Bill,
you are very polite! Anyway I found the solution!
Thank you my friends..
Bye

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted January 15, 2005 06:05 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
No teaser subject titles. You could have very easily posted "GS800" in place of "..."

Please edit your post to reflect a proper title.

Also fair warning, if you don't remove your email address from the body of your post, you're going to start getting slammed with spam email, because the spambots will be able to see that address online and will harvest it. (Everyone can view your email address by clicking on your profile anyway.)

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2005 06:10 PM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right Brad! I deleted my mail (oh I hate the spam...) and I corrected the title!

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted January 16, 2005 12:15 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. [Cool]

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 16, 2005 05:35 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
What do you mean by a teaser title? Please explain.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Barry Johnson
Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2005 01:08 PM      Profile for Barry Johnson   Author's Homepage   Email Barry Johnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.Me too.The header looked perfectly innocuous to me.

--------------------
Standard8 rules!!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted January 16, 2005 05:08 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the original title of this thread was "Help folks! I need photos of..."

It teases you to click on it since you don't know what it is, but in reality waste's people's time and is not proper forum etiquette.

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2005 05:38 PM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It teases you to click on it since you don't know what it is, but in reality waste's people's time and is not proper forum etiquette.

I think this is not right Brad. And others think so.
And I think you cannot give to me lessons of forum etiquette.
I follow your suggests, but, please now: "ne sutor ultra crepidam".
This is latin: is this enough for the forum etiquette?

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 16, 2005 06:40 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, Well it didnt waste my time or that of Bill Parsons. We both relpied to Ugo and gave him the info he required.
About a year ago I asked you to put my pic on the forum for me as I couldnt manage to do it. I was sitting at over 300 posts at the time and you still asked who I was and what forum I belonged too!!!
You said at the time that the 8mm forum just jogged along and ran itself so that's why you didnt know who I was. How about letting it carry on that way without these silly interventions which is getting us knowhere and some of us are finding a bit tireing. [Frown]

Kev.

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted January 17, 2005 10:29 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brad,
I have always admired the way you run this Forum. It is without doubt the best run film collectors forum on the web, and it is nice to know that it is a place where civilized conversation is the norm, and loud mouthed jerks are immediately relegated to the cutting room floor! Having said that, I have to agree with Kev that this 'teaser" buisness is nit picking on your part. I mean, it's not like commercial switch and bate, where someone is trying to con you into buying something you don't want. I suspect that, like me, everyone enjoys your forum so much that they visit every posted topic, regardless of the title.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2005 11:32 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad

Have to say that I agree with all of the above, as Paul says; this is probably the best forum on the net for film collectors and that is credit to you and the way you run it.

As for the Teaser business, like Paul I tend to read every thread anyway so teaser or not it won't waste my time. If you're enforcing the rule for the benefit of the members I'm sure we would all agree that there's no need. [Wink]

Mike [Smile]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2005 11:49 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry guys, I think Brad has a point about titles, it doesn't take a minute to put in the main subject along with a plea for help.

Could be a bit more gentle when telling us off though Brad [Big Grin]

Agree on the fact that I read all the posts!

--------------------
Tony

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2005 04:10 PM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have to agree with Kev on this one, come on Brad surely that's not a major thing, seen a lot worse on other forums.
You do seem to have taken a little more interest in us lately, feed up with the 35 and 70mm side of things. [Big Grin]

Chris.

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted January 17, 2005 05:15 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone who does not agree with the teaser subject title policy is free to leave. Really guys, I'm sick of hearing about it and it's one tiny rule to follow. Here is the reasoning. While it may be great that YOU read every thread and titles don't matter much, lots of people are on very slow dialup access, and some people pay by the minute for internet access. Not sticking to the "no teaser subject title" policy is terribly disrespectful of those people who don't have the time, bandwidth, or money to keep clicking on threads that do not interest them. It also helps with the archives. When teaser subject titles are allowed and you do a search for some information that was posted in the past, it makes finding the older post VERY DIFFICULT. None of this is hard to understand, and the no teaser subject policy is effortless to abide by.

Need I also remind the complainers that this site is free and has hardly any stipulations of using it.

What are the rules? Simple!
*Use your real name.
*No teaser subject titles.

That's it, and most certainly not asking much. The next time you see a teaser subject title, rather than ignore it when you reply, why not post a quick note to the newbie at the end of your post to please edit the subject? This benefits everybody.

Re: people who think I am "too harsh" or need to "chill out", the biggest thing I have learned in moderating web site forums for several years now is to put the rules plain and straightforward with no bs or sugar added to the members. Years of this has proven that this recipe products the highest signal to noise ratio possible from an online forum. You will never find me whining about wanting people to send in money to keep this site online, and you will never see me bending over and kissing people's asses in a desperate plea to gain membership (both of which happens on other collector forums). Likewise I don't fire up new threads talking about how wonderful this site is and how terrible another site is in another pathetic effort to generate more traffic by initiating controversy. Seriously, I would hope everyone here is above that. The bottom line is that this site is here and if you wish to use it, help yourself. If you don't want to, then don't. It's called freedom of choice. However if you do enjoy this site, please simply abide by the rules when you participate. This is not asking too much.

As my free time is random and limited (hence my moderation posts generally being short and to the point), if there are a couple of "regulars" who would like to handle the moderation, I will certainly entertain the idea. For the most part this forum trots along nicely on it's own and doesn't require much intervention to keep the signal to noise ratio up. Email me privately if you think that you are a good candidate (please have 100+ posts to your name) and we'll see where it goes. It would indeed be nice to not have to zip through the posts every day when I don't really have the time to do so, but being a collector site, none of my regular moderators want the gig since they aren't collectors.

I am closing this thread now since further replies are pretty much a wasted effort since it is no longer on subject. If Ugo needs more replies to the initial topic, he may feel free to simply open up a new thread titled "Help folks! I need photos of Elmo GS800 part 2" (or something to that effect).

All times are Central  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC