8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Pls measure these reels and is this a good buy?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pls measure these reels and is this a good buy?
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted April 08, 2007 05:29 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there,

I have been outbid on this auction at Ebay Belgia. The seller speaks French but I am only a bit. So could not understand when I asked about the reels size.

-

The two films were sold for EUR 17.64 and I was outbid due using the snipper service while the winner was personally watching the items (look the history).

Dissapointment comes later....

Fathom was a good movies according to imdb (it claims the best Raquel Welch's movie) but I am not sure for the second title, since imdb did not list it. Anyone know it?

If the reels are 800 feet (x 2 , for each film) I think that is a good buy. So anyone can guess what reels they are?

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 08, 2007 10:30 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

I have the same book type storage case manufactured in Italy by Brevettato and it holds two 800' reels.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 08, 2007 11:53 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I confirm, they are called "Mediabooks". They also exist in 400ft. Spools are so-so, though.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2007 04:56 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't want to play smart,as I'm not Italian,but if my Italian is any good, brevettato means'patented'and the company'is'Grasso'. I got a few of those 'Cinebooks'as they called them,but Jean-Marc is correct in that they're not of such a good quality, especially now they're getting old. That's why I reiterate my plea for more offers for the 800'cardboxes-see my post above.
Happy easter to all by the way [Smile]

--------------------
Yannis

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 08, 2007 05:32 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Yanis. Brevattato is printed right above "Made In Italy"....somehow I thought I'd mess up in assuming that was the company name. There is no "Grasso" anywhere on the cinebook though. One more thing.....Whatever plastic was used to make this has a slight odor. I should probably rescue the feature that's in there (Horror of Dracula).

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC