8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » MATRIX EXTRACT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MATRIX EXTRACT
Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2005 04:50 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just re -recorded the sound on the new matrx extract from Derann with Pedros crystal clock sync. box the essential accessory for the GS1200. Nice too see the problems have been sorted. A great extract as I am a fan of the Matrix can't wiat for the next one.

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted January 22, 2005 01:10 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

How's the print quality? Also, did you re-record because you were unhappy with the original track?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted January 23, 2005 04:49 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very pleased with this. The Matrix is a dark and moody film so I did have reservations about how this extract might come out and I was pleasently surprised. At one point in the fight sequence you can see that it is not Keanu Reeves and obviosly CGI, but thats nothing to do with print quality of course.
Didn't pay too much attention to the sound quality as I have well sorted GS from MR Elmo and it's a real Little Honey at recording, now little difference from the DVD sound, thanks Kev.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 23, 2005 09:51 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats OK! Another machine restored to full tonal quality thanks to the change of that dreaded capacitor. [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted January 23, 2005 02:58 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Capacitor....?

I hate to be going off-topic here, but could changing a capacitor possibly help my Chinon SP-330MV's crackling-sound issue? (It currently sounds like playing a vinyl record, with the characteristic crackling and popping in the background every now and then... not badly, but noticeable.)

What's even weirder is that if I touch a resistor that's located near the recording switch with my bare finger, everything goes berserk and a loud whistling/screeching is heard from the speaker. I'm just glad I didn't find this out while wearing my headphones.

(I'm actually deaf since birth so a lot of the time I'll be wearing headphones with the volume turned up FAIRLY LOUD.) [Eek!]

EDIT: Best to take this thread back to the Matrix extract now [Big Grin]
I'd appreciate a response in a new thread, though [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2005 12:19 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What's the length of the extract? I heard someone tell me it was mounted on 2 800' reels, that seems like an a lot for an extract.

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2005 02:24 PM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a full 200ft reel

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 30, 2005 02:29 PM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, ok that makes more sense. Thanks for the info. I was going to say if it were two 800ft reels that'd be an aweful lot. 200ft makes more sense. Well, enjoy it, I may have to pick up one myself. [Smile]

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2005 03:43 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got my 200 foot "Matrix- Reloaded" excerp via Steve Osborne / The Reel Image (very fast service, by the way).

This is a very good extract, with good quality, though not quite up to the quality on some of there best releases.

The scene is very action packed, and makes full use of the scope screen.

I am hoping that Derann will release the scene (from the same movie) with the albino twins & the highway chase. This, in my opinion, is the best scene and would look great on the big scope super 8 screen [Smile] .

Nick.

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted February 20, 2005 05:18 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan at Derann did mention there might be more extracts released from the Matrix. By the way the Imax cinema at london Waterloo is showing the Matrix triology with 'Reloaded' and 'Revolutions' in Imax DMR format on the 11th & 12th March.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted February 20, 2005 11:58 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
DMR? [Confused]

--------------------

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted February 20, 2005 03:21 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
IMAX Digital ReMastering process. (Yeah I know they got it backwards, but DMR sounds better than DRM.)

You can go to www.film-tech.com and click on the FORUMS there and do a search in the "LARGE FORMAT" forum if you want to read up on it.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 20, 2005 08:29 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me Brad, but DRM sounds just fine to me. Did I mention those are my initials?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted February 20, 2005 09:09 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me Doug [Big Grin] but let's stick with DMR, because DRM to me means Digital Rights Management and reeks of Microsoft and the RIAA and MPAA. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted February 21, 2005 12:38 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
That's pretty funny Doug. I'll have to ask around and see if I can find you an IMAX DMR plaque. [Razz]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC