8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Classic Bond

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Classic Bond
Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2005 01:37 PM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bought the two bond extracts from Classic Home Cinema, Goldeneye and The Living Daylights, both are 400ft and are the pre credit sequences. For anyone who did not see these at Ealing they are both excellent.
Also I will be ordering the other new 600ft release that was also sold out on Saturday 'Johnny appleseed'.

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 18, 2005 03:44 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I agree with you Mark, it's good to see some good quality releases. These 2 Bond excerpts were certainly nice and sharp with good colour. Bet they would be good with the sound rerecorded with a stereo track.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2006 04:47 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
what would you take the soundtrack from kev?.laser disc or dvd.andy

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 10, 2006 05:36 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Which ever disc format I had the original film on. But the main criteria would be if it was Pal or NTSC so it would probably have to be DVD. Most good LD's are NTSC and would not sync up with the GS at 25fps.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2006 12:06 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
thats very true kev.asyou say most laser discs are ntsc and therefore would not run in sync with the GS1200.andy.

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2006 04:35 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've re-recorded both of mine from VHS Videos that I picked up at charity shops, ( cheaper than renting the DVD) and am very happy with the results. Both synced up at 25 fps using Pedro's sync box and were very straight forward to do as there are no cuts.
Had some fun with the Dolby Logos ,also from Classic. I couldn't find any sorce with these on to re-record, so I've redone a couple of them with the THX intro sound, works well with the water drops colliding, they match with the THX effects and give stunning sound seperation. Spliced these on the front for that real big deep Bond style cinema sound.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC