8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » matrix freeway frenzy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: matrix freeway frenzy
Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted September 20, 2005 06:18 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well worth the wait for this good quality extract. It's a relentless on the edge of you seat rollercoaster of a chase which is unbeatable for a big cinemascope screen. As an ex bike rider I particually liked the motorcycle chase going the wrong way down the freeway, the camera shots from the front of the bike are dizzying especially if you try standing up in front of the screen!

|  IP: Logged

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted September 20, 2005 01:50 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome! I must have this print... have just managed to win a scope lens on eBay for really cheap (a Kalart Victorscope)... if I can devise some sort of lens holder and use it with my ST-1200HD then I'm all set for super-8 scope films and this one will be my first for sure. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2005 11:41 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got a copy of Osiris (The Anamatrix) in scope. Although the soundtrack on the print is one of those wrinkly charcoal grey ones, not that good, the picture was just awesome. Saw it for the first time late last night. Don't exactly know what I watched. Something about a sword fight that ends in a thong. And I thought I was going to put it on the first feature reel of Carousel as a film short [Eek!]

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2005 02:30 PM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I have a copy of this too and agree it is a top quality print, stereo sound quite good too. For the uninlightened this is a full length and the best short from the Anamatrix series of anamated stories based on the Matrix. About 230ft on a 400ft reel it's CGI like I have never seen and the girl in the thong is very real looking!

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2005 08:23 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just curious, how many Matrix releases are available now?
There's:
the three trailers
the first extract with metal detector fight scene
then there's the fight scene with neo and agent smith in the courtyard
and the animatrix cgi
now there's the freeway fight scene

Is there anything else?

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted September 29, 2005 08:02 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is this "metal detector fight scene" you mention? Is that from the first Matrix film? I'm trying to remember which scene you're talking about... [Smile]

That aside, I think these are all the extracts currently out...

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 29, 2005 09:25 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jan,

I believe Ernie is refering to the scene in the first Matrix where Neo and Trinity walk into the lobby of an office building and set off the metal detectors. Neo opens his coat, revealing all the weapons he's carrying, and one of the most amazing shoot-outs ever filmed follows. Although that would make for a terrific extract, I have not seen that released in 8mm. Ernie, have you seen this?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Mark Norton
Master Film Handler

- posted September 30, 2005 05:11 AM      Profile for Mark Norton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Havn't seen the "Metal Detector" on S8 either but would definatly buy it. Heard Derann have yet another new Matrix extract at the Labs, any one know more about it?

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 02, 2005 01:50 AM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Where are these new extracts (ie: Pod Race, etc.) listed? I don't see them at all on the Derann site.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted October 02, 2005 12:16 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Seems they're listed in the postal mailings only...

--------------------

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2005 02:36 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi-

Just got my Freeway Frenzy extract in the mail yesturday. I viewed it last night, and it is DY-NO-MITE! [Cool] [Cool]

You also get the complete fight scene on the staircase that leads into the highway scene.

I can't recommend this one enough. A perfect score across the board- picture, sound, and content.

The only thing I can't figure out is, why is this on a 600 foot reel [Confused] . I used a 400 foot take-up reel when I ran this, because it did'nt fill the 600 foot reel it came on. When the movie was over, the 400 foot take-up reel was almost full, but had a little room left.

Oh well, not to worry. I'll make a nice color label, put it in a nice 400 foot size hinged box, and place it on the shelf next to the excellent "Gladiator" extract [Wink] .

Nick.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted October 27, 2005 03:49 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw this at the BFCC and it is MENTAL.A great extract and i'll be getting that one. As i'm a bit of basil i'll wait till it pops up 2nd hand, £69 for 400-500ft is a little more than what i wud pay. If it was a full 600 i'd go for it no problem.
However, Great entertainment and made for the scope screen [Wink]

[ March 21, 2016, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Tom Photiou ]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 27, 2005 05:31 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The interest of the 600ft spool is that you can splice the "Playground" just before "Freeway" and *then* you have a full half-hour of non-stop action... [Big Grin]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2005 05:37 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats not a bad idea Jean-Marc, in theory. But believe me when I say, there is no way I could watch the two extracts back-to-back. Its like an over-dose of adrenlin!

Actually, I was thinking of splicing the scope teaser/trailer onto the front or back of Freeway Frenzy instead. And I think I might be able to squeeze it onto the same 400 foot reel.

Nick.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 28, 2005 02:28 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not only in theory, in practice as well. I've spliced both extracts together on the same 600ft spool as soon as I got back from the BFCC. You get the quintessential 30 minutes of an otherwise rather uninteresting movie. The best new cut-down to hit the projector in years...

--------------------

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2006 11:33 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
i bought the playground skirmish from derann and all i can say is if this sequence is a mere skirmish,what the hell would freeway frenzy look like.all in all a great one reeler sequnce.i now must have the freeway frenzy extract as well.andy.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 04, 2006 12:04 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Andy: you will love it.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC