8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Disney Aladdin

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Disney Aladdin
Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 27, 2005 11:40 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aladdin (1992)

Plot Outline: Aladdin, a street urchin, accidentally meets Princess Jasmine, who is in the city undercover. They love each other, but she can only marry a prince. (more)

User Rating: 7.6/10 (25,544 votes)

Cast overview, first billed only:
Scott Weinger .... Aladdin (voice)
Robin Williams .... Genie (voice)
Linda Larkin .... Jasmine (voice)
Jonathan Freeman .... Jafar (voice)
Frank Welker .... Abu (voice)
Gilbert Gottfried .... Iago (voice)
Douglas Seale .... Sultan (voice)
Bruce Adler .... Narrator/Merchant (singing voice)
Brad Kane .... Aladdin (singing voice)
Lea Salonga .... Jasmine (singing voice)
Charles Adler .... Additional Voices (voice) (as Charlie Adler)
Jack Angel .... Additional Voices (voice)
Corey Burton .... Additional Voices (voice)
Philip L. Clarke .... Additional Voices (voice)
Jim Cummings .... Razoul (voice)

Runtime: 90 min
Language: English
Color: Color (Technicolor)
Sound Mix: Dolby Digital

Stunning colours greet you with a pin sharp print, a real showcase for super 8 and what can be achieved.
Great repeatability, one for young or old. Songs are excellent with the magic carpet ride to a whole new world being one of the family favourites.

Just not the same on DVD!

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted November 27, 2005 06:09 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
And in Stereo [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 08, 2006 04:38 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
i to have this disney feature on super 8;i therefore feel its time to give my view on it.after disney getting back to form with the little mermaid and beauty and the beast they then had a go with this old tale of aladdin;and what a joy it is.our hero aladdin is a street wise peasant who with his sidekick abu live on their wits,until one day he meets the princess jasmine in the market place.after a chase thru the market aladdin is caputerd and thru into prison.when jasmine asks the evil jafar(one of disneys best male villains);shes told he has been beheaded for kidnapping the princess;tearfully she runs out while the evil jafar smiles.jarfar is the evil sorcerer who whats a magiclamp.but only aladdin can go into the cave of wonders and retive it.so of he goes with a old begger(jafar in disguse)to get it.while aladdin is in the cave he comes across a magic carpet and soon their find their quest.however abu sees a large red ruby and takes it;its here that all hell breaks loose as the cave collapes.the old begger tireds to killed aladdin and calim the lamp.its at this point that the real star of the movie appears the genie;as aladdin is trapped in the cave he fools the genie into getting them out.the genie grants aladdin three wishes but he cant make anyone fall in love with anybody else.so aladdin now in disguse as a prince returns and trys to win the heart of jasmine.however theres many more dirty deeds and action before the end title appears.this film is on 4x600ft spools;i transfered mine to 2x800ft spools.this feature is a treat for young and old alike.the print is superb with pin sharp defination;and the the sound wow its a great stereo soundtrack that will lift your roof off.the songs are also out of the top draw.great release,just buy it.its avaible from who else derann.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC