8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Matrix Freeway Frenzy.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Matrix Freeway Frenzy.
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 18, 2006 02:36 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today i recived this extract from Barry at indipendant 8. Thanks barry if you read this, that e-mail prompted the sale and boy am i glad i did.
No point in trying to make a story out of this as it is just as the title suggests, a freeway frenzy, for 50 quid i could have bought all three DVDs and still had change, however, i saw this at the BFCC, (those shows are excellent selling points), and said at the time, what a mental extract, the quality is tops, the action is 100% non-stop with every inch of the scope screen used. This is a reel you can view over and over again, I was never interested in seeing any of the Matrix movies but for sheer entertainment and edge of the seat action i belive this release by Derann to be virtualy unbeatable.Cars are thrown, crushed, matial arts,(sort of [Big Grin] ), gun fights, high tech action and enough speed to have the audience swaying left and right as the cars and motor bikes swing all over the road in the high speed chaces. Awesome action.
You must add this to your collection. [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 20, 2006 05:59 PM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, spot on review; like yourself I'm not really interested in seeing the last two Matrix movies, but this extract is something else.

It really is just great non-stop action that almost every audience should enjoy.

Like you say, forget the plot, this is just sheer entertainment madness for 20 minutes or so! And I agree, you can watch this over and over again; everytime you see something new.

I totally second your thoughts that everyone should add this to their collection.

Nice print, great extract and AWESOME sound; my floorboards literally shake and there is even real surround sound from those splendid little 8mm mag. stripes when I play it through my system. Wow [Smile] Nice job, Derann!

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 21, 2006 11:01 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone have the other extract?, if so, how well do the two go together?

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 21, 2006 02:09 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See Jean-Marc's review under the other "Matrix Freeway Fenzy" review thread- he has joined the two extracts together.

I have both extracts, but they are both pretty much self-contained, so I chose to keep them separate. Besides, the "Playground Skirmish" extract, while good, is not as repeatable as "Frenzy" in my opinion, so I still have the freedom to watch one without the other. I've been thinking of connecting the scope trailer together with "Frenzy" though.

Nick.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 21, 2006 02:31 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rob & Tom -
Interesting that you both really enjoyed this despite having had no inclination to see the feature. But now that you've watched 'Freeway Frenzy' a few times, hasn't it made you curious to see the whole film?
(I'm not saying this as a recommendation - I haven't seen the feature myself yet!)

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2006 05:47 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oddly, Adrian, no. Don't get me wrong, I've seen the first Matrix film a few times and although I like it, I just don't think it is as original or groundbreaking as it was made out to be when it was released.

No doubt I'll get round to seeing the second two at some point; I just love this mad extract on a big super 8 screen. It really is just good fun on its own [Smile]

I must admit I also have Playground Skirmish (which also is great fun) but I have an excuse for that (sort of). A few months back, Duncan, when he was still at Derann sent back to me some reels which had been to them for recording and in the bottom of the parcel was a brand new copy of Playground Skirmish. Duncan claims it was an honest mistake but I think he knew that I just couldn't resist the temptation of a reel of new film (whatever the title). I decided to pay for it rather than send it back!

Still, glad I did.

Thats one way to sell 'em!

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 11, 2006 04:00 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
does this extract have a stereo soundtrack.?andy.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted March 11, 2006 05:43 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes it does and its a real cracker as most people to the last BFCC would have heard. One of the best Derann have released for a long time.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2006 03:42 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
whats the running time of the playground sequence from the matrix reloaded?.also is the print and sound any good?.andy.p.s i also intend to get the freeway extract as well.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC