8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » pearl harbour-scope/18mins.col/snd

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pearl harbour-scope/18mins.col/snd
Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 04, 2006 07:42 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
i must admit i didnt go to the cinema to see this micheal bay telling of the japs attack on the u.s fleet.i bought this after seeing the dvd.this old style two reeler cuts away the padding and its straight into the attack itself.we see the aircraft taking off and heading for pearl.young boys withness the arrival of the attackers;and then its into the action.included in this extact is the amazing scence were the high level jap bomder drops its deadly cargo;and the camera follows it straight down thru the ship into the maginze and we witness the ship being blown out of the water.even nurses etc dont get away.they to are attacked.their is a lot more action including the terrific dog fights;brillantly shot,before the end.this print is superb,with outstanding colour and sound;leaves the dvd in the shade.bin your dvd and buy this beauifully edited 18minutes your every likely to own.the dvd is of course 16x9;this is true cinemascope.were else would you get the full frame of how the director saw it.its availble from who else derann.top rate digest from the top company in the super8mm market.excellent.

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2006 03:47 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks to the late great derek simmonds for keeping the super8 flag flying.andy.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 31, 2006 01:09 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, i do second the above, although i do cringe at some of the Hollywood USA heroic nonsense lines during the dogfights but this two reeler should be for every 8mm collector with a scope lens. [Wink]

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2006 03:33 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
i agree with you on that one tom 110percent.i wonder do you watch the digest more than the dvd?.i know i do.the two reeler is brillant.andy.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted April 01, 2006 09:06 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i watched the dvd (rented) once and would never bother watching the feature again, my 400footers had at least 6 showings since xmas,

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2006 11:27 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
well since i bought pearl harbour 1x400ft ive watched it upteen times.my dvd however has been sold.andy

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 19, 2007 05:22 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have to agree with Andrew. What a cracking action extract this is and it stands well on its own as a "digest".Great repeatabilty. I have been keeping an eye out for this for sometime and I am happy to have bought Andrews' copy from him. Thanks a lot Andy [Big Grin]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC