8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Gladiator Vs Pearl Harbour

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gladiator Vs Pearl Harbour
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 18, 2006 08:34 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two superb Derann extracts i have obtained and have to say as two reelers they are excelent, 100% action all the way. I read the review here and agree with all and i myself will seek out the other extract of Gladiator,(the colosium) to make a longer extract.
The reason i put the two Vs eachother is this, Gladiator (made by a british Director) is an excellent extract i can watch many times over for the action and the realism put into everything, and top of my list and there are no corny or embarassing lines,
Pearl Harbour,(or Harbor as they say in the US)on the other, hand i enjoy over and over agin for its action & its excellent special effects, CGI can produce almost anything and the quality of pearl harbour is quite outstanding. The downside for me on PH is the classic hollywood US heroic crap in this case the later part of the film and in the form of irritating one liners such as,"lets get that jap sucker", "im on your ass" to name a couple and then the very end narrative speech with a female telling us how America became strong. If it could be re-dubbed i'd do it, however, as a two reeler for action and use of the widescreen it is a superb release.
so, Gladiator for 100% action, use of widescreen and realism,
PH for a top quality image, 100% action. Oh, thumbs down for Ben Aflec, one of Holywoods biggest tossers and crap actors [Big Grin] [Wink]

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2006 04:53 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
hi there,i have both of deranns extracts from gladiator and i agree with what you said.i also have pearl harbour and again it too is a visual tour de force;i didnt buy it for the acting or dialoge.buy the way derann are doing both gladiator extracts for £39.99.both of mine are on a 400ft.cheers andy.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 26, 2006 04:39 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
hello tom,derann are now doing the gladiator extracts for £33.99 for the month of april.andy.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2006 08:31 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"GLADIATOR"

Isn't that a happy roman?

Taa-boom-tish-badda-boom-badda-bing [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 27, 2006 11:18 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip

No it is the story of a happy man who ate his wife....

Think about it......

[Wink]

--------------------
Tony

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted March 30, 2006 01:59 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What an excellent idea [Wink]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC