8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » T2/the chase.1x200ft colour/sound.scope.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: T2/the chase.1x200ft colour/sound.scope.
Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2006 06:29 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
here in a one reeler is one of the highlights from this 1991 sci-fi classic.the extract opens on the roads of l.a as the t100(arnie)is searching for the 13 year old john connor.also looking is the t1000(robert patrick).both of them find john in the amusement arcardeand the chase begins.young john gets on his motorcycle as bothe the t100 and1000 confront one another.the t1000 gets the upper hand and gives chase in a big 18teen wheeler truck.arnie follows in his motorcycle as they all race thru the streets.they all in up in the dry waterways of L.A as the T1000 levels everything in his path including the truck.arnie grabs john in the nick of time,shoots at the tyres of the truck and both he and john watch it blow up.is the is the of the T1000?.its at the point that this extract ends.a nice extract from the sci fi classic made possible on super8 by who else but derann.the print is good,but not the best derann has ever produced,soundokay.the scope is first class.for the moth of april derann are doing this extract for£20.99.it does beat the 16x9 fake scope dvd.a feature lenght print is also avaible from derann.highly recommend one reeler.

|  IP: Logged

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted September 09, 2007 12:29 PM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Crums. Dont start me off on Arnold again ! He..

Just looking through the backlog of posts and missed yours for some reason. Yes this is a classic reel and much better on the Scope screen than the DVD. I later got the feature but the short makes for superb taster.
 -

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 09, 2007 05:17 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don`t you get the bit where the T1000 comes out of the wreckage of the truck etc, that bit is really great.
Cracking film.
Best Mark.

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2007 04:29 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark.That's were this extract ends.We see the T-1000 come out of the burning wreackage and transform back into Robert Patrick.Andy.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2007 01:51 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark-

Is that scene not on yours???

It should end right after the T-1000 walks away from the fire and transforms back to "human" form, and looks on.

It makes for a perfect ending to this short.

If you don't have this ending, then your print must have been cut short.

James.

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2010 08:30 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know it's late in the game, but I just received a print of the Chase....and indeed it is an exciting piece of film. Too bad, though, that it also is not quite up to the high standards we've seen in other recent prints. At least in my print, the color renditions are all over the place...tending to go from overly warm to bluish. In some scenes contrast and grain turn faces into dark shadows...in others faces are almost blazing red. The print is sharp enough. No complaints on that score. The sound on my print is adequate...but if the picture quality were better, I'd invest in having it re-recorded. Just not the left/right action you should be hearing as motorcycles and trucks pass back and forth. Overall not a bad reel, but this is one I would NOT use to showcase all that Super 8 can be.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2010 09:21 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary-

The print you just received, was it a new print, or used? I ask because I saw an early print of "The Chase" extract, and it had very good colors. If your print is new, it was probably (unfortunately) printed at the lab Derann had most recently used, where lots of problems had occurred.

James.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 03, 2010 10:05 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary - that's a strange problem on your print. I've seen this release at least twice at events and the ones I saw had no colour shifts of that kind.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Larry Arpin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2010 02:10 AM      Profile for Larry Arpin   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Arpin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a newer print of the feature and it is like that in the feature, however, I watch it on a GS that has a 2-bladed shutter and f1.0 lens so it is acceptable. I had the sound re-recorded at Lance's as the sound from Derann was not that good.

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2010 07:38 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine was a used print....and maybe I'll get Lance to redo my sound ...great booming stereo sound can help distract from less than great visuals...sometimes. Can't fault Derann on another reel I got at the same time, Battle of Carthage ( Gladiator)....just beautiful printing.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC