8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Mickey's Trailer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mickey's Trailer
Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 20, 2007 02:43 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -
This delightful film from 1939 has Mickey, Donald, and Goofy, taking a vacation, the opening scene getting the trailer ready is brilliant the mountain background folding away revealing instead the city dump. With Goofy at the wheel, Mickey making a meal and Donald asleep. When all of them are eating in the trailer Mickey says who is driving?. Goofy quickly gets back behind the wheel and at this point the trailer parts from the car, from now on its all down hill for Mickey and Donald and after a hair raising adventure they finally meet and hook up with Goofy who was totally unaware of what just happened. The print is stunning with excellent sound, new prints can still be bought from Derann very highly recomemded.
[Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted January 20, 2007 09:35 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Used this one myself once to entertain some camping friends. We rent a big house for a Winter Weekend for our camping group and some years I do a show.

The part I love about it is the scenes where the trailer is careening down the canyon roads with nothing more than the guard rail keeping it from falling over the edge. At some points the sensation of height is realistic enough to be a little unsettling!

The version I have is Spanish Language, although the soundtrack is still English, the main titles and box label are Spanish ("La Casa Remolque de Mickey"). I would imagine this was a Disney print.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 20, 2007 09:43 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an early 80's pre-Derann Disney print of this, and the colours are still great. It's still a fun film to check out!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2007 10:19 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just recently obtained this Derann/Disney release (used).

Just as almost all of the Derann/Disney releases, the quality is just stunning. I have recently developed a real love for the older, classic Disney animation. These older cartoons have such rich animation and character. Some of these older cartoons can be a little less entertaining (slow paced, which I love). But this particular title will keep the little ones entertained all the way through.

A highly recommendable title! Thanks for the review and illustration, Graham.

James.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted November 14, 2007 02:00 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James
There is one title that stands out from Derann, although I must say, they are all very good, and that is "Woodland Cafe" 1937 its a Silly Symphony thats the one I have used a lot over the years, its not just the stunning quality of the picture and sound, but the content as well. I dont recall ever coming across it in the second hand list but it is still available new its one of those rare short films that I would highly recomend.

Graham.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted November 14, 2007 11:51 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham,
I also have a print of 'Woodlands Cafe' and I agree about the great picture quality of this short. You can really tell that its a Technicolor original.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 14, 2007 01:58 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have the old original Disney release of this and apart from the slightest color shift, it still looks magnificent. The whole series of "Mickey/Donald/Goofy) films were magnificent.

What was the last one? Was it "Tugboat Mickey", from 1940? I have always liked that one, as it was one of the first to have the "new Mickey" look, with ears that worked in perspective. They would go back to the old bowling ball Mickey later on, but I always liked that early 40's Mickey!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 15, 2007 10:22 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mickey's Trailer, Mickey's Fire Brigade, Lonesome Ghosts,
On Ice, Grasshopper and the Ants, Elmer Elephant, Cookie Carnival,Lullabye Land moves slowly, but is very endearing.
Does anyone have Wynken Blinken and Nod?

I wish that Derann would release Mr. Mouse Takes a Trip.

It is a later Mickey, but it has great action with
Pluto and Pete the bully. Billy Bletcher and Walt Disney
provide the voices and it is Walt's last voice over as Mickey.

Lots of fun.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC