8mm Forum
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » You Only Live Twice

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: You Only Live Twice
Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2007 11:48 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is one of the latest feature releases from England/Germany and one of the best. I ordered this print from Steve Osbourne in Ohio, USA.....he ordered from a firm in England...who had it printed in Germany....who sent it to Ohio for reel mounting and cleaning...who sent it to L.A. for re-recording in stereo..who sent it to me. The whole process took only about one month . Amazing for all the steps the print went through to get to me. Was it worth it? Oh, yes! This scope print is very very sharp with nearly perfect color ...rock steady focus..and the re-recorded stereo is wonderful.

The only odd thing about the print is that , like many other releases coming from German sources, it has German main titles. No problem as far as I'm concerned, but may be a sticking point for some folks. At any rate, it's a really nice print...and ordering from Steve Osbourne (Reel Image) was a joy. He kept me informed of every step along the way, from the ordering in England, printing in Germany, cleaning in Ohio, re-recording in California and shipping to me. Steve is just a joy to work with and I'm hoping more of us on the U.S. side of the Atlantic will buy some of those wonderful prints from Steve.

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted May 07, 2007 12:20 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
"Cleaning in Ohio" Whats all that about then? They normally go to Phil from Germany all ready to go but with a mono soundtrack [Confused] Why would a new print need cleaning?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted May 07, 2007 01:41 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe it's really a lubrication process.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2007 02:57 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes...I believe he film guarded it for me. And it runs like a dream.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2007 05:15 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Perhaps Steve viewed
part of the print to write a
complete review for his
publication?

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 07, 2007 06:25 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At any rate, I'd love Steve's Phone number, so that I could possibly order from him, instead of paying the possible extra charge for the print. I can always clean/lubricate the print myself.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 07, 2007 08:54 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

Steve's 24 hour voice mail is 937-296-9036. Steve normally cleans all films (new & used) before he sends them out.
_______

A more recent thread about this title may be found here.

To avoid confusion I'll close this one.

Doug

[ July 13, 2018, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Douglas Meltzer ]

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC