8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » MIDWAY-17MINS.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MIDWAY-17MINS.
Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2007 05:51 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
One of the best cut-downs from the old Universal 8 stable;ever.
After the title sequence,we are onboard the Jap battleship,YAMAMOTO,were the japanse navy are planning the final attack on Midway.This,they believe,will make the Amercian navy,commit their aircraft carriers,that were missed at Pearl Harbour.
Dawn,June4th 1942,and the japs launch the attack...
but the US are one step ahead,and although the Japs attack Midway,
the US carrierrs launch their own strike,on three Jap carriers.
In a montage of shots,we witness the amercian success,as the Japanese carriers are blown out of the water!.
The Japanese navy launch a counter attack and sink the Yorktown.
The US navy,then launch another attack and sink the final Jap carrier...
This was a very important battle for the US to win,it change the tide of the war in the pacific and the final outcome of World War Two.
This 400footer is well edited with excellent sound,it does what a cut should do,the driftwood is disguared,and we are left with the main battle.
Sadly,the eastman fade is on my print,but don't let this spoil your enjoyment,it's still worth tracking this one down.
Excellent!.Highly recommend.Print is fair.Andy.

[ June 16, 2007, 05:46 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Wilson ]

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 16, 2007 06:02 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not bad Andy! Curse that Eastman fade!!! This is another case where, as you stated, a cutdown is better than the feature!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2007 03:02 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Osi.This cut-down is better than the feature as it gets rid of the driftwood and packs in the main battle.That is what its all about.Andy.
P.S As i said in my review.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC