8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » TITANIC 1953 1x400ft Ken Films

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TITANIC 1953 1x400ft Ken Films
Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2007 01:04 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 1st major Hollywood film about the sinking of the Titanic using the ship as a backdrop for it's fictional "love" story paving the way for the other US versions to come.
Ken Films version is editied down very good, however they must have used a ruff 35mm print to make it from as there is alot of dirt and scratching towards the end, one small sadness is that they cut the end off when the film fades to black with "Nearer My God To Thee" playing to a nice ending fanfare, all of this is removed wich is a shame as there is enough room on the reel some 60 to 80 ft spare, also when the captain walks out onto the bridge and the crew begin to sing "Nearer My God To Thee" this has been cut and it does not make a good scene change.
apart from that a nice digest and the packet is very good with Clifton Webb and Barb Stanwyck on the from with a shot of the liner under way.
Would like to see this as a feature on super 8 or 16mm also Ken Films released it in a 200ft version which I have not seen.

Pat Walsh
NZ

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

|  IP: Logged

John Hourigan
Master Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2011 11:35 PM      Profile for John Hourigan   Email John Hourigan       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually bought this digest on a whim given the price was good, and I was surprised that it's a nicely edited digest. I've never seen the feature film, but was able to keep up with the storyline.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC