8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » Buck Privates Come Home

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Buck Privates Come Home
Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2007 08:17 AM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From U-8 on a 400' reel. I was so happy to see that Universal retained much of the "Evey" storyline (the segments involving Lou adopting the little french girl). My daughter is 4 and she really identified with the Evey character and U-8 edited this one really well. They even kept in a snippet of the reprised "ties-in-the-hat" routine. The remaining 8 minutes are simply "Midget Car Maniacs", but U-8 did such a nice job segueing the new footage into the old. My print is sharp and bright and the sound is phenomenal. They did such a crappy job with the 400' "Meet Frankenstein" that I was pleasantly surprised by the good job they did on this one - I wasn't sure what to expect. I may actually hunt down the others to have the whole U-8 A&C canon.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC