8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » TORA TORA TORA 400ft Ken Films

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: TORA TORA TORA 400ft Ken Films
Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2007 03:16 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A nice edited digest, with a good commentary to carry the story through, picture quality is very good , I think it is on fuji film, box art is very good.
Pat

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted July 26, 2007 11:10 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Patrick,

Thanks for mentioning "Tora! Tora! Tora!", which I agree is a decent edit job. Could you please make your review longer for those members who don't have a print? Which scenes did Ken use? Are the original beginning and end titles included? How's the sound quality? Thanks!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2007 04:06 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Doug
Yes I am short review, here goes the more detailed one.
Film opens with Japenese heads of the navy onboard their ship,voice over discusses that the japs are planning the attack,cuts to the US side where we see various army and navy discussing the threat of a invasion in Perl Harbour, we cut back to the japenese ships where we see them getting ready to depart, all the brass of the navy watching from the bridge etc, a nice use of a calender with the date on it with the voice over saying that the attack has begun, the attack itself is very well edited we see the destruction of a large US navy ship, the US airbase getting destroyed, the film ends with the Jap admiril on the deck of this ship with the voiceover discussing how the japenese have released the 'dragon'.

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 27, 2007 07:03 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tora was one of the first reel in my history. At that time, I hadn't seen the full feature, but could get the whole story (probably also was helped with the basic history on the Pearl Harbour attack). I watched this again and again, from the small wall screen bedroom, until brought the projector out of the hosue to get bigger picture at my dad's garage.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 31, 2007 02:54 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat
Here is an interesting still taken from the feature.
 -
Graham [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC