8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » DALEKS INVASION OF EARTH 2150AD 4x400ft

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DALEKS INVASION OF EARTH 2150AD 4x400ft
Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 09, 2007 04:07 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WALTON films release, 4x400ft scope.
I am a big fan of DR WHO and the DALEKS so this is a must for my collection, WALTON have done a great job with this film the quality is very good just as good as 16mm scope.
The movie was made in 1966 as a sequal to DR WHO AND THE DALEKS wich was a spin of of the DR WHO tv show, PETER CUSHING is in the lead role as the Doctor, Bernard Cribbins plays the plice man Tom Campbell who stumbles into the TARDIS thinking it is a police phone box, we meet the Doctor, His niece and his Grandaughter, the TARDIS lands on Earth in 2150ad, where the citys are in Ruins as the DALEKS have invaded, they have captured human men and turned them into ROBOMEN the work for the Daleks patroling the Earth, as the DALEKS are not that mobile on Earth's surface, the DALEKS are going to extract the metallic core of the Earth and turn the Earth into the giant spaceship, one the Doctor leans of this he sets of the the vast mine where the DALEKS have the their bomb and causes havoc for the DALEKS causing them to be sucked into the metallic core of the Earth.
This version has been edited down, as some of the drawn out scenes with the Doctor and his companions going to the mines being cut, most if not all of the edited bits are in the last 2 reels.

The colour is great with it begining to go pink, the sound is very good.
Pat

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

|  IP: Logged

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 09, 2007 04:22 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Little review Patrick.

I've always been curious about Doctor Who. When was this particular title released by Walton. What film stock was this released on?

What was the original running time for this feature?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2007 04:04 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi
The proper running time is 84mins aprox, it is on Kodak film.
I am unsure when WALTON released it but the film came out in 1966, I would presume that the WALTON version came out in the late 60s, I have not seen it in any cataloges, except a 200ft and 400ft digest, along with the other big screen adventure DR WHO AND THE DALEKS.
Pat

--------------------

Mark Howard
Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2007 10:03 AM      Profile for Mark Howard   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Howard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, my first post. Hello everyone. I've been lurking for a couple of years, then decided to join the forum and now all this talk of Doctor Who has got me into the spirit of posting. I'm a huge DW fan, and the two Peter Cushing movies were absolutely integral to my childhood. In 1976 I got the two 200ft digests, super 8 black and white silent, then proceeded to project them to death. In 1979 Walton were selling the 4x400ft versions at £107.50 each (inc. VAT and postage) as a special offer, and I was able to acquire Daleks Invasion Earth through this deal after saving for months and badgering my parents to lend me the shortfall. Unfortunately I got rid of my print about five years ago when I pulled it from storage and saw how badly the colours had held up, and I keep telling myself one day I'll get a replacement print.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 12, 2007 06:58 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

Welcome to the Forum! Sorry to hear about the color fade on your print. Thankfully, the majority of Waltons that I've come across have held up nicely. By the way, Derann carries the trailer to "Daleks' Invasion Earth: 2150 AD". It's in scope and looks terrific!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Mark Howard
Film Handler

- posted August 13, 2007 06:19 AM      Profile for Mark Howard   Author's Homepage   Email Mark Howard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug, I wonder if my print faded because it had been treated with 2.22, then put back into the cardboard boxes. Funnily enough, most of the films I treated with this chemical in the 70's were then stored in airtight metal cans (not a good idea if you follow the general opinion on this forum) for many, many years. No VS and very little fade, so what do you think of that?

Back to the two Dalek films - I believe a third outing was planned by Milton Subotsky but this was shelved due to diminishing returns.

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 13, 2007 04:00 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy to report that both my Doctor Who Walton features have gorgeous color. My "Invasion Earth" is flat however... I didn't even know the feature was released in scope. Anyway, if you search them out a lot of the Walton features have held their colors while others have faded... not sure why unless they were printed on different stocks.

I believe the features were released in the late 70's because my early 70's Walton catalogues don't list them.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 02, 2007 02:19 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pat
Thanks for the loan of your print, the last time I saw a "Dalek" was on TV, on a small B/W back in the 60s, this film was fun to watch, exterminate... exterminate.., made me [Smile] a lot, I think its time for Peter Jackson and his crew to make a CGI version [Roll Eyes] now that could be interesting. [Wink]

Graham. [Smile]

Dave Cragg
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2007 04:07 PM      Profile for Dave Cragg   Email Dave Cragg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham,
I take it you've not seen any of the new BBC Dr Who series then?
Stunning!

--------------------
Wide eyed novice.

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2007 05:12 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham
Nice to hear you enjoyed the film!
You have not lived until you have met a Dalek face to face! [Smile]

Hi Dave, Yes I watch the new TV episodes, not bad, I would of liked to of seen Paul McGann continue to play the doctor from when he became the doctor in the TV movie in 1996 wich we say Sylvester McCoy's doctor regenerate into Paul McGann, it would just make it make sense!
Nice to see the Daleks are back in the new show!
If I can work out how to post an image I will post one of my life sized dalek he was made my a local TV prop builder for a TV station show years ago, I brought it off him last year, cost me a packet but as I said before, you have not lived until you have met a dalek face to face!

EXTERMINATE

Patrick [Smile]

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 03, 2007 03:13 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dave
Just to jog my memory [Eek!] I checked the "Dr Who" website never been there before, the two Doctors I remember the most were Patrick Troughton, and Jon Pertwee, good actors, I do remember in the UK the BBC used to transmit it on Saturday evening around 5.30pm - 6pm. [Roll Eyes] Pat mentions that the new series is on here so I will make time to watch it, and compare, hope it hasen't changed to much.

Graham.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC