8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Print Reviews   » The World Is Not Enough

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The World Is Not Enough
Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2007 05:51 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James Bond is on another assignment to protect Electra King(sophie marceau)daughter of murdered oil tycoon Sir Robert King from further harm.Robert Carlyle plays Renard and gives a great performance as the Bond villian.Robbie Coltrane is back as ex KGB agent Valentin Zukovsky and Denise Richards plays Christmas Jones also sadly Desmond Llewelyn's last role as Q.A great long opening sequence which includes a fast moving boat chase on and off the water and Bond landing and rolling down the Millenium Dome.Music score by David Arnold really gives a modern feel and makes the film.Super 8 scope with stereo sound and looks and sounds brilliant on the big screen...Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

|  IP: Logged

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2007 02:06 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, is it a CHC? what is the lenght of the print?

Thanks,
Fabrizio

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2007 02:53 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Fabrizio,I bought this as a used print but CHC was selling copies of this title.This is a full length feature and runs for approx 125 minutes.... Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2007 04:23 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought this title new as a mute print from CHC when it was first issued, unfortunately though after having a sound track laid down on it twice it still sounded so bad I didn't want to show it so ended up trading it in against second hand films.

If only I had held on to it as now with Pedros box and the capacitor upgrade that Kev did to my GS 1200, it probably would have been possible to put a belting sound track on it which would have matched the print quality... [Frown]

Good to read the review Mark, thanks. [Smile]

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2007 04:45 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike,yes these German prints can sometimes be a problem.The Main stripe is normally the problem and the balance stripe normally takes a good recording on the GS.I couldn't get a satisfactory record on the Goldeneye extract and tried quite a few times to get it right,in the end Kevin faulkner had a go on his GS xenon and managed to sort it out..Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 16, 2010 08:40 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wandering around here looking at reviews and can't believe I didn't chirp in on this one. I ordered the print new through Steve Osborne and it's great. Had it re-recorded in stereo...which adds tremendously to the experience of watching it. It's one of my favorite Bonds....an almost flawless print....just a tad of pre print wear in a couple of places where there were reel changes. Watching this on a big screen with the booming sound reinforces why we collect films. I have the DVD, but it doesn't really quite match the experience of running this on film. A very very nice film.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC