8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » General Yak   » Question for Douglas...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question for Douglas...
Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 11, 2006 11:02 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Following the thread before regarding films on JM's photo, Doug what are yours there!?

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 12, 2006 09:32 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

Strangely enough, Brad Kimball just asked the same question in the Dracula 1979 thread in the review section.
I'm pointing to 1200' boxes with homemade labels. The boxes (available from Derann) contain the features (from top to bottom) Poltergeist, Chinatown, Jurassic Park, First Men In The Moon, Terminator 2 & Alien. On the other side are digest versions of Taxi Driver (Piccolo & Columbia), The Exorcist, The Towering Inferno and Where Eagles Dare. The larger, uncropped photo looks something like this:
 -

So Winbert, about your photo.......

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 13, 2006 01:52 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,

I am not ready yet with a photo, perhaps next time [Wink]

BTW, I saw three "Taxi" (2 Picollos + 1 Columbia), do they really flow?

--------------------
Winbert

Brad Kimball
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2006 11:38 AM      Profile for Brad Kimball   Email Brad Kimball   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now it makes more sense. BTW.....Where are the boxes listed on the DERANN site? I never can find all the stuff otheres seem to find on their site. I only still see the same titles they've had listed for years - can't even access the newer releases yet everybody seems to see them.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 15, 2006 01:49 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

It has been a while since I last watched "Taxi Driver" but I recall the Piccolo version to be well cut. I'll take another look, since that's one of my many upcoming re-recording projects.

Brad,

The film boxes are listed in the accessories section of Derann's monthly newsletter (which also has info on all the new releases). The 1200' boxes are £1.50 each.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC