DIY Custom Projector Covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Custom Projector Covers

I just got back from SoCal after visiting my son and 3 grandsons. While I was down there my daughter-in-law Kim and I completed a little project we had been planning to make dust covers for a couple of the projectors I leave out all the time. I don't sew but my daughter-in-law does. We came up with a great looking cover with a pocket made with sturdy material (Chalkboard Fabric) ... and also added a logo using her Cricut machine. I didn't have my projectors with me to cut out a slot for the handle, but I plan on doing that now that I'm home.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Custom-Covers.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.3 KB ID:	1921
    Last edited by Janice Glesser; January 05, 2020, 03:27 PM.

Janice,

Nicely done! These look great.

Doug

Comment

Better than factory new. Very nice work.

Comment

Very nice Janice! a great professional look!

Comment

You always amaze me, Janice ! You always do do great things...

Comment

Looks great Janice, just a thought, if it's used on projector's permanently set up then why cut the handle hole out? I would leave them as they are for better dust protection ,Mark

Comment

Janice, when are you taking orders?!

Comment

superb. love em.

Comment

If I could sew guys I would take orders. Custom made covers like this could be pretty expensive though. I saw toaster and appliance covers made out of quilted material costing over $80 not including shipping on Etsy. I'm sure that's more than some collectors paid for their projectors. These covers would cost more since the chalkboard fabric is a lot thicker and more difficult with which to work. This type of cover takes longer to make. However a nice-looking cover to me just makes owning these little machines so much more satisfying.
                  Last edited by Janice Glesser; January 06, 2020, 08:56 PM.

Comment

What a beautifull Job Janice !!!

I love these covers .

Best Wishes

Comment

Thank you for the kind words Phil. It was a team effort with my daughter-in-law. I did all the measuring and gave her the basic design. She figured out how to add the pocket. If we do it again (I had some material left over)...I will change the measurements slightly so the covers fit a little tighter on the projectors. This was our first attempt so we learned a lot.

I actually shot some video of her cutting out the material and sewing it together. I'm editing it right now and will post it in this thread shortly.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Sewing-Cover.jpg Views:	0 Size:	86.7 KB ID:	2150
                      Last edited by Janice Glesser; January 09, 2020, 12:19 PM.

Comment

May I suggest Doug to duplicate this TIP in "Technical TIP" ("All Projectors" items for exemple)....

Encouragements

Comment

WOW! Nicely done!👍

Comment

Here is a video of making the dust covers. It is not meant as a detailed instruction video, but It will give you an idea of how to proceed if you know someone who sews and you want to give it a try.

Comment

Hi Janice I just watched your video on Facebook, thanks for posting it...its really good

Comment

Working...
                              X