8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » OUR OUTDOOR DIVE IN MOVIE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OUR OUTDOOR DIVE IN MOVIE
Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 20, 2010 01:58 PM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It happened last Saturday night, but I've been too busy to tell about it....it was really nice. We had a younger couple over who were James Bond fans, but he had never seen a James Bond movie with Sean Connery. gasp!!! So I put up the 16 foot Cinemascope screen by the pool...and they came over for swimming and Thunderball..along with Classic Cinema's trailer reel number nine, I think...with previews for Harry Potter and Planet of the Apes...and linking footage from Hoyts cinemas.

Thunderball is a super super sharp perfect Super 8 color print which I had re-recorded in stereo.....great stripe so it really sounded good. And looked great. Plenty of brightness , even on the big screen...due to a combination of things...1. Steve Osborne's ( of the Reel Image) wondeful and very effective screen paint on the already white vinyl screen. It does work in visibly boosting brightness and whiteness. 2. A GS 1200 with two blade shutter, Fuji halogen esc lamp and f1.0 lens. 3. that great Rectimascope scope lens that Steve sells...which is the best scope lens I've ever used on any gauge film. The film was nice and bright and looked like 35mm ..at least my audience said it look just like the theater...this even though the projectors were inside the sun room projecting through thick glass..cleaned , of course.

Stereo sound pumped to big wireless speakers... was really good.
The shorts ...also scope were projected on a gs with normal 3 blake shutter and f1.1......less bright , but adequate. sound quality good, but that re-recorded Thunderball print ( by Lance in Cal.) sounded so much better...like digital .. anyway everybody enjoyed swimming during the many underwater scenes...and it was amazing to me that even this old 1965 film produced good oohs and ahs...in the right spots...at the gadgets and sets, stunts , etc. Now they want to come back for You Only Live Twice. all in all a good time Wish I could post pics, but I frankly don't have the knowledge to do it.

|  IP: Logged

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 20, 2010 02:30 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary... nice story, but some pictures will be nicer.

If you have problem un uploading pictures, please do send to my email winbert at hotmail dot com and I will upload from my side.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Barry Fritz
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2010 11:47 AM      Profile for Barry Fritz   Email Barry Fritz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe we need to start a "Tech" section to describe how to do different things, including posting photos.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2010 12:49 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gary,

Please explain: how did you use the screen paint? Did you paint it onto a
roll up screen and using a paint roller? If so, how long did you need to wait until the paint was dry before rolling up the screen?

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC