8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Black spot on the projection

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Black spot on the projection
Stina Opitz
Junior

- posted March 12, 2011 05:34 AM      Profile for Stina Opitz   Email Stina Opitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I am a new member and whould be happy for help with 2 questions. When using my projector Magnon 800ZRS 8mm (which functioned well when I tested it the other day) there is a black spot in one corner of the projected picture (the spot is with "threads"). The spot stays through different films so it is not in the film itself. Have turned the projector upside down but nothing changes. Do you think it is something with the bulb (lamp) or with the projector itself or stuff inside? Also I would be grateful for info if a standard 8 mm film can be seen in a super 8 mm projector? Thank you beforehand for an answer! Stina O

|  IP: Logged

Pasquale DAlessio
Film God

- posted March 12, 2011 05:55 AM      Profile for Pasquale DAlessio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Stina

Welcome to the forum!

To answer your first question, it sounds like to may have a piece of dirt or dust on one corner of the film gate. You can clean that easily by just taking a small brush and brushing in between the film path.

As far as your second question...no you can not run standard 8mm on a super 8mm projector. If the projector is a dual 8mm unit the yes you can. But if it is just a one format unit you can't. The reason is the sprocket holes would not line up and will damage the film.

Pat DAlessio

Stina Opitz
Junior

- posted March 12, 2011 06:21 AM      Profile for Stina Opitz   Email Stina Opitz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hallo Pasquale and thank you so much for your help. Most grateful/regards Stina

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC