8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm films for sale/trade/wanted   » Looking for A Walt Disney Christmas and The Snowman

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Looking for A Walt Disney Christmas and The Snowman
Rasmus Mossige
Junior

- posted October 17, 2011 02:09 AM      Profile for Rasmus Mossige   Email Rasmus Mossige   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi!

I'm looking for "A Walt Disney Christmas" and "The Snowman" (preferably the full version, but the version with just the song is ok as well). Any of you know where I could get these films [Smile] ?

|  IP: Logged

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2011 02:32 AM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Rasmus, Welcome to the forum! I just spotted this on eBay. The starting bid is 10 dollars American or about 55 Krone. They ship worldwide.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walt-Disney-production-prsents-Walt-Disney-Christmas-Super-8-mm-film-/120794343372?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c1fe767cc

Good luck!

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

Rasmus Mossige
Junior

- posted October 17, 2011 02:44 PM      Profile for Rasmus Mossige   Email Rasmus Mossige   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks!

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2011 03:10 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Rasmus! Nice to see a fellow Norwegian on here :-)

I have a copy of this available, good colour and everything, but has green lines on the latter third of it. Also no box.

Let me know [Smile]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2011 04:40 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've owned 3 copies of "Walt Disney Christmas" because that's what it took to get it right. The problems? Seller didn't disclose missing footage, and color fading.

Rasmus, if you can find a copy over there in Europe, particularly one that originated from Buck Labs in the U.K., you're likely to get one then with better color than if you bought this one here from in the states. I also don't like the sellers "as is" statement, considering NOTHING is stated about the condition of the film.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted October 17, 2011 05:14 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to Chris's communication with the seller(posted in different thread) that almost all his films have Vinegar Syndrome, something that worry me.

--------------------
Winbert

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2011 06:46 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but he did say that the films in cardboard boxes did not have VS.

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2011 11:32 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But if they were stored that poorly (these are WAY too young to have VS), the color would have to be faded just awfully.

Rasmus, put up a favorite search for "Walt Disney Christmas" in eBay's Film category and hang on. Better ones will come along, this isn't a rare title. But my opinion is to avoid this one.

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2011 09:04 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rasmus,

You have a private message regarding THE SNOWMAN.

Best,
Rick

Rasmus Mossige
Junior

- posted October 23, 2011 03:33 PM      Profile for Rasmus Mossige   Email Rasmus Mossige   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for all answers!

I actually tried bidding on that item before checking your answers (oops....), but I didn't win the auction. Maybe it was for the best. The search continues [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC