8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm equipment for sale/trade   » WTD Schneider lens for Noris 342

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WTD Schneider lens for Noris 342
Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 07, 2005 04:16 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes I would like to get my hand on one of the Schneider 1.1 or 1.2 zoom lenses for my Newly aquired Noris 342. This is the 32mm threaded type and not the 28mm straight barrel.

Many thanks, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

|  IP: Logged

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2005 12:43 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev,
Ive sent you an e mail about this

David

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 08, 2005 04:23 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
What more can I say.....a true gent. Thanks David.

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 19, 2005 12:15 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin,

incidentally, did your Noris projector come with a Vario-Travenon 1.3 lens? Do you intend to keep it? If not... any chance of me getting my hands on it?

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 19, 2005 08:14 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Jan, it came with the 1.3 Isco lens. Isco and Schneider eventually became one. I think Isco bought out Schneider and I believe the Schneider 1.1 and 1.3's were made by Isco.

Kev.

--------------------

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 19, 2005 07:30 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So that's not the same kind of lens as the Vario-Travenon (which, if I'm not mistaken, is a Will Wetzlar) - am I right?

Reason I'm looking for a Vario-Travenon 1.3 is that I've gotten hold of information of how to use this lens with an Eiki SSL-0 16mm projector. And this particular lens supposedly has a large enough back lens to not cause vignetting due to the 16mm gate...

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 21, 2005 07:02 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
The Isco/Schneider lenses are a much better quality. The Will Wetzler were a more std quality lens.
This one is an Isco Gottingen Vario Kiptagon 1.3 16.5 - 30mm. The rear element size is 9mm accross.
I could try this one on my 16CL for you.

Kev.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC