8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 9.5mm for sale/trade/wanted   » Pathe Super Vox speakers and Lamps

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pathe Super Vox speakers and Lamps
Steve Saywell
Junior

- posted August 26, 2018 03:14 AM      Profile for Steve Saywell   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Saywell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Everyone

I wondered if anyone happens to have an original speaker for a Pathe Super Vox with the round pin connector that they no longer need.....pictures of connectors below

Also does anyone have either of the lamps I have 1 standard Vox with the add-on amp which requires a 15volt 200watt A1/105 and the other needs a 31volt 400watt

Any help would be greatly appreciated....Thanks Steve

-

|  IP: Logged

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 26, 2018 05:26 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve

The poor Vox had a very short life. It was made in France and introduced in April 1938, followed by the Super Vox in January 1939. Their special lamps were made by Philips, and these are no longer available.

When war broke out imports to the UK were very limited and with the invasion of France in 1940 production of the projectors ceased altogether. That was the end of them as they never reappeared after the war.

However, the Vox lighting can be modified to use the A1/232 lamp which uses the same voltage (15) as the original lamp. I have a Vox with this conversion (together with a transistorised amplifier) and it works well with the conversion. The new lamp is 150 watts.

https://www.medlamps.co.uk/osram-hlx-64634-efr-a1-232-15v-150w-gz6-35.html

--------------------
Maurice

Steve Saywell
Junior

- posted August 27, 2018 03:34 AM      Profile for Steve Saywell   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Saywell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maurice....Many thanks for the information...I did wonder if I was pushing my luck a little trying to get the original lamps although I have just found an old/new stock A1/105 from a year’s old local TV repair shop of all places.

I am grabbing a Vox wiring diagram from Graham Newham which I am sure will be of great help as some kind of conversion seems the way to go….Thanks Steve

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted August 27, 2018 04:22 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steve
You were very lucky.
Are you aware of Martyn Stevens' website?
Here is a link to his comments and details of work done on the two Vox models.
http://www.cinerdistan.com/2-uncategorised/427-vox-and-super-vox-2

--------------------
Maurice

Steve Saywell
Junior

- posted August 28, 2018 03:40 AM      Profile for Steve Saywell   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Saywell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Maurice,

Many thanks for sending over the link with information on the Vox...I have read through several times but I have to say the mist in not clearing! Mr. Stevens is a much clevererman than me..

For the moment I going to park these to one side while my hunt for parts continues and see if I can get the sound on my Buckingham working as it should which is why my journey with the Vox started..

Thanks for your help...Steve

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC