8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Back online

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Back online
Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted June 11, 2003 08:12 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone. Sorry about the delay in getting back online with the forum. We had a major hardware failure on the server running this forum that killed everything, including our backup copy of the old forum.

This seemed like as good of a time as any to switch to a new version of the forum software. The only downside is that each of you will need to re-register. This will only take a minute of your time. Please click on the "register" link at the top of each page for registration instructions.

I have also added two new forums for specific sale lists per the recent requests. Let's please keep the "8mm Forum" to topics specifically regarding 8mm gauge films, but feel free to cross post your 16mm or 35mm films and equipment for sale or trade in the other forums. If there is a continual interest in 16mm, I will open up a forum for that, but for the time being this will probably suffice. [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2003 05:22 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd just like to say good job Brad! Welcome back! [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted June 12, 2003 07:10 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Lots of people not registering their names exactly. All lowercase and all uppercase registrations are not being accepted. Please read the registration page carefully and re-submit.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 12, 2003 08:04 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,
Thanks for bringing back ,what is without question, the best film collecting site on the internet. Good to see Kevin and Joe are back. Hope the rest of the group will be joining us soon.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 12, 2003 11:16 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,
I'd like to add my thanks and join the growing list of grateful collectors who are thrilled that the forum didn't disappear for good. The new look is pretty stylish, befitting the sophisticated chic elegance of the forum's members.

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2003 01:07 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone!

I too am glad the forums' back, Thanks Brad! I think Douglas put it very well, especially the bit about us being chic and sophisticated. How true!

Looking forward to chatting with you all again.

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 13, 2003 06:52 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi every one glad to be back was hoping it would return alnong with the knowledgeable people and friends we have all come to know [Smile] I have a question already for anybody on here I just bought 1 reel of the 10 commandments it appears to be reel 2,3,4 not sure since it is not marked it is from marketing films my question is does anybody know how many reels were in this series mine ends just as moses is getting ready to part the red sea then it ends, I would like to obtain the rest if anybody has the whole condensed series please let me know, thanks Jim
p.s happy father's day to all you dads out there [Smile]

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 13, 2003 07:06 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now THIS is stylish! - Wonderful job of it - Now let's start off things right and have fun - Shorty

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted June 13, 2003 07:31 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooops sorry guys hit the wrong button. [Embarrassed]
Kevin.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted June 13, 2003 07:34 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for that Paul. I'm sure like me Joe and all the other users have probably found it all very quiet without the forum and it's usual banter. I tried out some of the other forums but none of them were as good as this forum was.
Well the numbers are growing again so it looks like Brads forum is well on the way to a quick recovery.

Kevin. [Cool]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted June 13, 2003 04:07 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Some glitches in the registrations have now been fixed (I think). If you are being denied access, drop me an email. (Remember to specify that this is for the 8mm forum!)

This is explained on the registration page, but I will repeat it here for those who are skimming.

bob johnson

would not be an acceptable registered name.

Bob Johnson

would be acceptable.

[Smile]

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2003 06:20 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Jim.The 10Cs is a 3x400ft digest.Sounds as if you have reel 2.I've stuck CBDeM's 200ft promo on my 10C-as a header.It shows exclusive pics of Moses in the bullrushes!

--------------------
Trevor

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 16, 2003 06:35 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the info trevor doyou know where I could get the other 2 reels?

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC