8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Gone Nutty!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Gone Nutty!
Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 18, 2003 01:38 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello

Just got Deranns latest newsletter and read the write up about their new release of 'Gone Nutty'. Looks good and I shall probably order one but thought I would see if anyone else on the forum had got a copy yet and what they thought?

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

|  IP: Logged

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 18, 2003 04:44 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike,

Sadly I still seem to keep being kicked off both their mailing list and the email list!!!! I don't know why and neither it seems do they. Oh the joy of receiving their newsletter and receiving their emails at the same time as others.......
Am I the only one this happens to?
Duncan, if you read this please please can you sort me (us) out???/?????? [Wink] [Frown]

--------------------
Tony

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted June 18, 2003 05:30 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this at the BFCC in London and the print and sound quality is outstanding. It features Scrat the squirrel from 'ICE AGE'and although quite short' ir's very entertaining and what an ending!
Best wishes, Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2003 02:05 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's outstanding. I think that says it all. The bass response through the THX system at the BFCC is not something I have ever heard before on a Super 8 general release.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Duncan MacLeod
Junior

- posted June 19, 2003 06:04 AM      Profile for Duncan MacLeod   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan MacLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Tony,

Drop me your email address and we will try and get this sorted once and for all. To explain the bulk email list is dispatched by a third party as this method provides us with various other mailing options and is easier to maintain, allas this does not help your cause but stick with us....
Gone Nutty is well worth it Mike but of course I would say that [Wink] .... let me know what you need.

Duncan

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 19, 2003 11:46 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok. I've been persuaded, think I was going to buy one anyway but have now put my order in. [Smile]

So, Duncan, what new releases have Derann got up their sleeves?

Mike

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted June 19, 2003 06:29 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok Guys, Wasnt able to get to the BFCC due to family probelms so I'm interested to know what this "Gone Nutty" is all about.
Fancy doing a good selling job Duncan?

Kevin.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Duncan MacLeod
Junior

- posted June 20, 2003 04:27 AM      Profile for Duncan MacLeod   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan MacLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all,

Kevin.....just a great little C.G.I short which follows Scrat (Ice Age fame) as he tries to hoard his winter stash of nuts. A stunning aerial sequence and a ground shaking ending make for fun for all the family. How did I do? [Wink] If that doesn't sway you the following is a snippet from the up and coming Film For The Collector, quarterly publication for the cine enthusiast available from Derann.

" – the print is faultless and the stereo sound is absolutely first-class. Packed with laughs this is sure to entertain and comes very highly recommended. Well done Derann. Print A Sound A* KW."

High praise indeed!! As for new releases Mike I'm going to have to keep tight lipped on this one. All I can say is you can expect various new titles and something with a bit more substance.

All the best for now,

duncan

--------------------
Why not visit the Derann Film Services website on www.derann.co.uk

Ralf Hoff
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 20, 2003 05:57 AM      Profile for Ralf Hoff   Email Ralf Hoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To all of you. This short is a must for the collector. Great fun and fantastic S8 print.

Buy it, Buy it.

--------------------
Arbeits- & Interessengemeinschaft Celluloidfilm
Ehrenamtlich im Einsatz für das Film-Hobby

Cine 8-16
Das Magazin rund um den perforierten Film
www.celluloidfilm.de

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted June 20, 2003 05:45 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Duncan, a splendid selling job and you have probably seen my order in you email inbox.
BTW its good to have you on the forum lets hope we hear more from you. Tight lipped!!! How about a clip from, or even the full full feature of Spiderman? Come on now Duncan how about Derann listening to us collectors.

Kevin.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 22, 2003 02:55 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan,

Top service as always- thanks for sorting me out (again) [Smile] !
Great to have your input to the forum.
Looks like another copy of GN sold [Big Grin]
When will the next edition of Film for the Collector be sent out?
Tony

--------------------
Tony

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2003 02:37 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The next issue of Film For The Collector contains a rather bumper edition of 'Super 8 Film Review' - 23 new titles reviewed. We haven't seen so many titles in one magazine since 1992. A shame we missed three of the new releases (which would have made it 26 - a record) but they'll appear in the next issue.

I wonder how much of a slagging off we'll get from Barry Littlechild this time. I also wonder why that sort of stuff is printed.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Duncan MacLeod
Junior

- posted June 23, 2003 06:50 AM      Profile for Duncan MacLeod   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan MacLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Tony,

The new issue of Film For The Collector is being printed as I type.....all being well it should be with everybody in about 4 weeks. If you are unaware of this publication it is released quarterly and contains news, views and reviews about the hobby. As John mentioned a bumper issue for reviews so if interested let me know. How was that for a pitch Kevin?? Like I said....tight lipped [Wink]

All the best for now,

duncan

--------------------
Why not visit the Derann Film Services website on www.derann.co.uk

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 23, 2003 03:40 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got my copy of Gone Nutty, thanks Duncan for the prompt despatch, it's absolutely brilliant.

Can now add my name to the satisfied customer list, this is a must have item, the content is brilliant and the quality is excellant too, John, I can see what you mean about the Bass reflex, my Wharfdales made the floor vibrate tonight, [Eek!] not something they usually do when hooked up to the projector!

Mike.

--------------------

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 24, 2003 02:41 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great news Mike. It really does seem like Derann have their sound sorted now and they are producing the best results ever. The prints are all pretty damned good too. Can't wait for the full length 'Scope release of Terminator 3.

P.S. Okay I was just kidding about Terminator 3.

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 08, 2003 05:26 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Not bad Duncan, Not bad. Now where's my copy of Gone Nutty and no more funny stuff. I'll give you Pieces of Silver. [Wink]
Seriously Great stuff Derann as ever.

Kevin.

--------------------

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted July 14, 2003 10:34 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gone Nutty! sounds really great!.

Question: What is the footage/Running time?
Thanks!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC