8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Question for Brad Miller

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question for Brad Miller
Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2003 04:20 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad,

I am trying to work out what you are standing in front of in the photo that goes with your postings?

Can you put me out of my misery?

Tony

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted July 23, 2003 10:06 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Go to www.film-tech.com and click on "pictures". Select "GCC Northpark 1&2".

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2003 01:43 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brad, wow. Never seen anything quite like it before. Fascinated by the range of kit and wondering what it all does! As one who has never considered what it takes to run a film at the cinema I would love an opportunity to go back stage so to speak.

Must make some enquiries.

Thanks

Tony [Big Grin]

--------------------
Tony

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted July 23, 2003 10:31 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
It's called a platter. Platters have been the standard method of film transport in commercial theaters for a solid 20-30 years now. The film never needs rewinding since it pulls from the center of the roll and the film is under less stress than being forcefully pulled from a supply reel and having to be rewound after each show.

Go back to the Picture Warehouse and look at "Interlocking 101".

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted July 24, 2003 07:10 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tony,
As we do the backdrop printing for Warners UK for their premiere's I'm trying to get a visit to the Warners West End to have a look at modern up to the minute projection facility. If it comes off I'll try to get you along as well.

Kevin. [Wink]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC