8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Spoof ebay emails, Watch out !!!!!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spoof ebay emails, Watch out !!!!!!!!
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 24, 2003 02:34 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just a quick note as most of us seem to use ebay that I got a dickie email saying there was a problem with my ebay account and that I should log in and sort it out or my account would be suspended.
It had an attachment that gave you an ebay look alike page to sing in on.
Not sure if thats in the hope that your paypal account has the same passowrd or what, there must be some iffy reason behind it.
Anyway ebay got back and it is a dodgey one so watch out in your mail.
best Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted September 24, 2003 03:45 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Mark, I received one too. It's in the recycle bin now. They make good cyber manure.

Dan [Big Grin]

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2003 04:48 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep,

me as well. The english was very poor and certainly not upto ebay standard

--------------------
Tony

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2003 09:45 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had one yesterday too, it just looked wrong, and the structure and vagueness of the letter suggested it was a forgery. I heard about something similar last year with an eBay handle, and that nasty little puppy had a virus attached, so I just deleted it, why would eBay be sending you a message with an attachment anyway, just plain daft. Still it's nice to know I'm not the only one who gets these emails.

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2003 06:23 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Likewise.e-Bay say they would never email and ask the questions this fake outfit asks.Trev

--------------------
Trevor

D'Arcy More
Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2003 09:20 AM      Profile for D'Arcy More   Email D'Arcy More   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These are what are called "spoofs". I have recieved several of these and yes they are not from Ebay. I believe they are out of Russia I'm told. Ignore. Delete. [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC