8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Karakatoa,East of Java

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Karakatoa,East of Java
Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2003 09:08 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched this funny old flick.Originally in cinerama and offered in S8mm ,flat on 5x400ft reels.Colour is mostly ok-tends to be a bit dense.Not much of a story really,just great shots-like Sal Mineo and Rossano Brassi ballooning down the volcano then being blown out! J.D.Cannon is a standout badguy.
isn't Karakatoa west of Java??????Trev

--------------------
Trevor

|  IP: Logged

David Park
Master Film Handler

- posted November 14, 2003 04:07 PM      Profile for David Park   Email David Park   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A couple of years ago saw this 70mm film at Pictureville, Bradford Uk where they have a Cinerama 3 x 35mm lens deep curve screen, the notes said it was actually West.

Incidently they did not have the 70mm Cinerama lens so the 70mm print was to be shown on thier flat screen, it drops down infront of the deep curve screen. They have rules that the deep curve screen can only be used for perfectly correct Cinerama presentations. Anyhow at the last minute allmost a Cinerama lens was located and we were able to see it on the deep curve screem, quite impressive.

--------------------
Regards,
David

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 16, 2003 04:15 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello David,I've not seen this one on the big screen-imagine it would be corny but spectacular. Cinerama and IMAX went the way of the dodo here,pity.Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 17, 2003 08:33 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trevor & David,
I remember seeing this epic in Cinerama as a youngster, and I haven't seen it since. I recall something about a claustrophobic character in a diving bell, and a musical number(!) with Brian Keith & his love interest.
If you haven't seen the Widescreen Museum site, check it out. This is the Cinerama link:
http://www.widescreenmuseum.com/widescreen/wingcr1.htm
Doug.

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2003 01:04 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the very interesting link Douglas.I wonder why I bought things like,Custer of the West/K.East of Java and Mighty Gorga!!!!!Trev

--------------------
Trevor

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC