8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » An open note to Chip Gelmini

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: An open note to Chip Gelmini
Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2003 01:42 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On September 29th, I sent the following note to Chip with regard to $152.50 he owes me for some films he bought nearly a year ago.

Here is my note.
---------------------------
Chip --

I saw that you are now back posting on the forum.

You have more excuses than anyone I've ever met. Last time I heard from you, the excuse was that your niece(?) had run away from home. Before that it was something to do with your father. You also told me several times that you had sent money orders - which never arrived. And then finally you just stopped answering any emails.

You owe me $152.50 -- it's been almost a year. I bent over backwards for you - gave you free cans, free reels, and some free films, and still you never paid me for the films you bought. I can't believe that over the period of a year you couldn't come up with that much money - even if you
had sent $5 a week you would have managed it by now.

So how about it? If you decide to honor your commitments, you can send me a money order at this address: [.......]

If I don't hear from you, I am going to post this message on the forum.
----------------------------
Chip responded:
Hi Steve

Give me 2 weeks before you post to the forum about this.
Chip

---------------------------

It's now been 6 weeks since that exchange and Chip has not sent me anything or emailed me again.

|  IP: Logged

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2003 02:28 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Steven, It is a great pity that in a small community such as ours that trust can carry such little value. There is nothing worse than being lied to and when this happens more than once well......
Chip, you are a grown up and should not have let this happen. Personally I miss your input to the forum so please get it sorted and get back on line so that we can once again benefit from your experiences. You could always have returned the film and equipment with a bottle of something by apology, couldn't you?
Equally, I am in something of a dilema over posting such open messages on the forum, I sympathise with Steven and clearly he has been brought to the end of his patience. Me? I would have sent round 2 big blokes 6 months ago.
I hope you can sort this Chip. I rely on this forum for tips, information and general conversation.

Best wishes to you both

Tony

--------------------
Tony

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 13, 2003 02:40 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chip well I really feel I to need to ask another question of you and please answer this one for me.
You will remeber that I asked about the film, the Laurel and Hardy I sent to you a while ago and you got the film I didn`t get the cash. You told me at the time it must have been lost in the post so in " FAIRNESS" to you I left it there.
I asked you on the older forum if by chance the cash had come back to you in the post as you know I never got it. You didn`t answer my question then so I have another question I`d like to put to you and please give me a truthful answer.
The question is. " Am I a rather gullible and far too trusting person" I`d really love to know the answer to this one.
Best wishes Mark.
Sorry!!!!! to have to ask but I have a niggle that just won`t go away.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC