8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Sankyo 401 projector any good?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sankyo 401 projector any good?
Xander van der Merwe
Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2003 09:58 PM      Profile for Xander van der Merwe   Author's Homepage   Email Xander van der Merwe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any thoughts on whether the above super 8mm sound projector is any good? I'm looking at the feasibility of purchasing one of these.

Is there a list somewhere of OK and not OK 8mm projectors somewhere?

TIA

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2003 01:31 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Xander

Not familiar with the 401, I had a quick look through the old Movie Maker projector guides and couldn't find a mention of it so it might not have been available in the UK. [Confused]

However, Sankyos' in general were very good projectors and perhaps a little under rated. They are well made and have a reputation for being very kind to films. If the 401 shares any of the charectoristics of the 500 & 700 series it is probably a sound buy provided it is in good working order and at the right price! [Wink]

Mike.

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted November 20, 2003 05:57 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi the thing to look at is the gate, the 301 had a very iffy gate, one side at least that was plastic, from the 500 up was a proper twin metal sided gate.
If the 401 is like the budget 301 with this poor gate I would leave it alone persoanlly as there are plenty of good machines about, a 501 for instance so look or ask about the gate.
best Mark.

Xander van der Merwe
Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2003 02:21 PM      Profile for Xander van der Merwe   Author's Homepage   Email Xander van der Merwe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys for the pointers. I might also be able to get an Elmo but I'm waiting to hear what the model number is. Are there any Elmos that need to be avoided or are all Elmos pretty good?

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC