8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Walton's L&H prints

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Walton's L&H prints
Robert M. Bratcher Jr.
Junior

- posted November 19, 2003 10:07 PM      Profile for Robert M. Bratcher Jr.   Email Robert M. Bratcher Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are they 200' cutdowns or full 400' versions? I've thought about buying some on Ebay but I'd prefer the full length version like Blackhawk put out. Oh & I have most of the Blackhawk L&H titles on 16 with some super8/regular 8 versions too.

|  IP: Logged

Tim Christian
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2003 02:45 AM      Profile for Tim Christian   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In the '69 cat. L&Hs were listed at between 6 reels (Pack up you Troubles and Swiss Miss and 1 reel, with lots of 50ft featurettes.

In the '79 cat. some were listed as reel for sound and 1 reel for silent; some as 2 reel sound and silent. Then there were nine 6-rel features.

If it helps, I could send you copies of the relevant pages.

--------------------
Tim

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2003 05:41 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Robert, The Walton 400ft versions were slightly edited, so the purists would look for the Blackhawk prints. I have some Walton prints that were better quality than Blackhawk but their output was variable. There were some 200ft cutdowns, eg Perfect Day, Hog Wild, and occasionally 200ft extracts from the Roach features
eg Melody On the Move from Swiss Miss.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2003 08:09 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did the Walton prints use original title cards or did they make thier own, like Blackhawk? Nick.

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 20, 2003 08:15 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Walton put their logo on the front of the film followed by the original cards, but ususally without the little subtitles used to introduce the plot. Walton replaced the end credit with their logo.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC