8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Spider-Man

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Spider-Man
John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2003 03:40 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My print of the full length feature arrived yesterday and Keith Wilton and I watched it together on the convention GS-1200 Xenon. It is very, very good indeed. Probably the best print we have seen from German origins in recent years. The sound is pretty damned good too. A very exciting time for the Super 8 market.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

|  IP: Logged

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2003 06:25 AM      Profile for Heinz-Juergen Schachner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

can you tell me details about the colours and focus of the print?

I have seen some of the German prints and I always noticed that the colours are not as good and vivid as the colours of Derann's prints.

It is really a pity that the German prints can not be made on polyester film stock with sound stripe.

Best Wishes

Heinz-Juergen Schachner

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2003 11:14 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John

Will this print be available in the UK or is there a German source you can put me in touch with?
If not poly based, what do they use?
Tony

--------------------
Tony

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 24, 2003 02:55 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the stock is Agfa acetate but I haven't checked this. Classic Home Cinema are the people to contact regarding print availability.

The contrast on this release is outstanding. Has the look of a release coming from a genuine negative. The night sequences look exceptionally good. Image is very sharp, probably the best I have from German origins (and I have a lot of them). Colours are good, possibly a bit muted but not so that I noticed. Spider-Man's costume stands out as it should so you have nothing to worry about. My opinion, this release is worth every bit of its asking price. Consider re-mortgaging to get it.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC