8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » ST1200HD Pulleys being manufactured again.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ST1200HD Pulleys being manufactured again.
Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 06, 2003 06:22 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone, Those of you who had their last copy of Derann's Film For the Collector will have seen the article by Tom Photiou about the dreaded rubber on the ST1200HD Pulley's which drive the shutter and how they are now breaking down and going sticky or like my own the rubber is coming away from its metal shaft.
Well Tom has done a deal with a company in the UK who are now making a replacement 24FPS pulley (larger of the 2) to start with and maybe the 18FPS one at a later date if the 24FPS ones sell ok. [Smile]
These pulley's once gone render the machines useless so I would suggest that anyone in doubt about their's should consider buying a replacement. They are now showing signs of deterioration on a lot of machines mainly due to age and in some cases because of lack of use.
If you have a shutter with rubber arround the rim this will also break down eventually. This can simply be restored by carefully removing this rubber and then again fitting one of Toms pulley's.
It's great news to hear that Tom has gone ahead off his own back and got this problem sorted but unless he sells his first batch of 15 pulley's we will be unlikely to see anymore or even the 18FPS version. [Frown]
So if anyone is interested then maybe they should contact Tom at: tom@houseoffilms.freeserve.co.uk.

Brad if you read this I talked Tom into registering on this forum but he is still waiting for confirmation. Please look into this for me. [Frown]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

|  IP: Logged

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2003 08:41 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have 2 HD's and although there are no problems yet, they are 24 years old so I have placed an order for 2 drives. Our HD's don't have the rubber rim on the shutter so we've been saved that little problem.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2003 09:16 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kevin,

First of all, thanks for your advice on my ST-600. The speed problems were caused by a dirty switch. Flipping it a few times solved the problem.

I have a Elmo ST-1200 (not the HD version). I just noticed that the belts are gone. I will have to find replacements for them. I think they are different from the 1200 HD belts, but I'm not sure. Do you know what the difference is between these two machines? And if the belts are different, do you know a source for belts for the 1200? And lastly, if the 1200 has a similar pulley (I'm not sure what the pulley is exactly) as the 1200 HD, I will either have to replace it too, or otherwise pretty soon. Again, same type or different?

- Rob

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 08, 2003 06:00 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Rob,
Glad that tip with the ST600 worked ok.
I think the ST1200 is different from the D and HD but not sure exactly how as I have never looked in the back of one.
Would be interested also to hear from anyone on that score.
A good source of belts is Paul Foster Films.
foster@films16.freeserve.co.uk
Hope that helps, Kev.
Rob, can you email me direct as I have some other info which might help. I tried to email you via the forum here but your email address is blocked.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC