8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » New block on the block

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New block on the block
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted December 10, 2003 02:14 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello every one.Thank you to Mr Elmo (Kevin) for spreading the word on my 24fps drive clucthes which will be ready very soon. (weeks not months)this is my first time on the Forum and am very pleased to be able to log on. Its a great idea for all us collectors and hopefully i shall get the hang of it and be able to talk to many peple and help out where ever poss. Any one interested in the new 24fps clucth drives these are being sold at my cost price of £43 each. This includes £3.00 P+P(overseas will be a little more. I am only having 15 done at the moment and two of these are for my own use so if all goes well and more people want them i can get more made at a later date, it does depend on how well they go, i must at least break even. As stated in the FFTC mag i am very happy to help collectors, i am not a dealer and do not wish to make a buisness out of it.This is my first venture into trying to get a criticle item of the 1200HD Elmo's availible,. My @mail address IS tom@houseoffilms.freeserve.co.uk.
[Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted December 10, 2003 04:07 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome aboard Tom! I have noticed that the membership to this Forum is increasing on a daily basis, up by about 20 or 30 in the last month alone, and that is really good news for us all. There are still a lot of people out there that we never here from, particularly the experts over in the UK, such as Keith Wilton (The "Sage" of Super 8), Barry Littlechild, John Bird, Phil Sheard ,Colin Clarke etc. Why do we never here from these people?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2003 04:08 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Tom and a big thank you

Tony [Wink]

--------------------
Tony

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2003 04:11 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Tom,

Good to have you aboard! I saw your article in FFTC and was impressed by your ingenuity, glad to see that your proposal seems to have had such a good response. I'm sure that if we put our heads together we could come up with several more items of common interest that we could have re-manufactured a alot at a time.

This forum would be a great place to set up a kind of database of all the Elmo models [for instance] that are owned and used by us collectors and establish what are common parts, guides sound heads etc. then perhaps we could look at having certain items made up.

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 10, 2003 05:01 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Tom, You finally made it. BTW one of those drives is for me so that makes 3 you arent selling to others.
It will be great to have your input and expertise on here and look forward to seeing more items on here from you.

Kev, [Wink]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2003 06:12 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom and I spoke on the 'phone a few nights ago and I ordered 2 drives so one third of the run has already gone.

Welcome to the board Tom.
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2003 02:06 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Keith Wilton tells me he's put his name down for one too. I'm going to cajole that Aggers into reserving one too as he recently purchased an HD.

Thanks for doing this Tom. I feel so impressed by what you've done I'm tempted to buy an ST-1200 just so I can reserve a clutch drive!!!

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2003 07:20 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Should I ask, or shouldn't I ask.............O.K., I'll ask.

Whats a "Clutch Drive"?!?!

Nick.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted December 11, 2003 08:34 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just as important...

what's an "Aggers"?

(The 8mm Forum, where Americans come to learn "English")

[ December 11, 2003, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Steve Klare ]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted December 11, 2003 12:27 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! Cheers! - Shorty a/k/a Joe Caruso

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 11, 2003 05:24 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Allllrighty then! Now.......What's a "Clutch Drive".

Nick.

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 12, 2003 09:54 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The clutch drive on the ST1200 range is the mechanical link between the main motor and the shutter via belts and two rubber wheels. (one for 18fps;one for 24fps).When the projector is set to run, the rubber wheel on the drive makes contact with the shutter rim and the machine runs. At present only the 24fps rubber wheel is being manufactured. I suppose as film watchers, 24fps is used much more than the 18fps.

' Aggers' is the nickname of a fairly recent recruit to 8mm who posts on this forum. He is a friend of Mr. Clancy and Mr. Wilton and can be seen helping at the BFCC's

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 12, 2003 05:26 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mal!

Nick.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC