8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Im a new proud owner of a GS1200P Xenon

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Im a new proud owner of a GS1200P Xenon
Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2003 01:48 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys

Im the proud owner of a (new to me) GS1200P.
This machine was formally owned by Alan Rik:)

I want to buy a spare bulb but have no idea where to get one.
Anyone here have any leads.

Thanks guys
Im off to watch some movies.
[Razz] [Razz] [Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted December 18, 2003 02:08 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Alan-
Glad to hear everything worked out! [Smile]
You can try Leon as he has some connections but maybe you should try Steven Siegel here on the forum. He had one of those bulbs cloned and said that if all else went well the price would be around $200+. If you opt to go with one of the original bulbs I think they run around 400+! Ouch!
Have fun with it. You now have one of the best of the best!
And with a great lens too!

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2003 02:10 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you can't find one ANYWHERE(!)Try,
Cecil Cowan,
8 Bell St,
Lower Hutt,
New Zealand

Trev

--------------------
Trevor

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2003 03:10 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan Rik
Very nice machine. You took good care of it. The lens if great. Very sharp picture. Ill send Steve an email regarding the bulbs.

Trev

Thanks for the leed. Ill try here in the states first and If I dont have any luck Ill give your friend a call. Im afraid with the weak US dollar right now and the exchange rate Ill get clobered [Frown]

Thanks guys.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 18, 2003 04:53 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys,
I saw the prices you were quoting earlier and you think they are bad. In the UK you can change the $ to £ yes £200 - 400 over here when you can find them. IU wish I could get my hands on a xenon version over here in the UK but they never seem to crop up anywhere. [Frown] Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 18, 2003 05:52 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try Ian of Perry's.....I had the honour of being allowed to fondle both an original and a clone......it was like holding a fine wine........or a great mint copy oof casablanca!

Tony [Wink] bb

--------------------
Tony

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 20, 2003 10:38 AM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the details on the clones:

A sample lamp has been made and I sent it to Ian (at Perry's) to be tested. I would have tested it myself, only I sold my GS - a small problem. -- Tony, this is probably the lamp you saw.

I'm waiting to hear from Ian on the results -- he seems to be difficult to reach by email, so I need to ring him up on the phone and find out what the story is. As soon as I can confirm that the lamps are working properly, then the manufacturer says he can make more at any time. I will post here as soon as I have any more information.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted December 20, 2003 12:30 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Steve you have probably got to wait till Ian gets a xenon machine in stock unless he personally owns one.
You may have been better asking John Clancey here on the forum as I think he may have a GS Xenon if not then I'm sure Keith Wilton would have tested it as John is a good friend of his.
Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC