8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Common Spares

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Common Spares
Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2004 08:28 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It might be good to know what common parts were fitted to projectors of different brands. For example I am told the Sankyo 800 shares the same motor as the Elmo GS 1200. The Elmo ST160 has the same loop former as the GS1200 etc etc.

Anyone know of others?

Tony

--------------------
Tony

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 31, 2004 09:24 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good idea, Kev and myself and others should be able to come up with something as the Elmo parts books do show some Elmo common spares used in say, 1200 and 600 etc.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 31, 2004 07:37 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with what you say Tony and Tom but it could take some time to put this together. Elmo never made their own motors they were bought in as an OEM product. Without looking inside other machines its difficult to figure out what is common between machines. I only know that the Sankyo motors will fit Elmo GS machines because I have gone down that route previously. The thing is who made the motors to start with? As for guides etc the individual makers had their own made for them. Its about itme we found someone, like Tom did with the ST1200 clutches, to make some guides for us. Who made the original Elmo Guides? I bet Elmo didnt have the facility but had someone do it for them. Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2004 04:26 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Kevin,
In my Sankyo Stereo 800 and in the Sankyo S 301 I owned before this one, the motor was labelled as "Mitsubishi".
Hope this helps.

--------------------
Maurizio

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 01, 2004 04:39 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Maurizio, that is brilliant info. I have never seen a motor with the manufacturers name printed on it. I know the Sankyo motors will work in the GS as I have used one before.
Now to see if mitsubishi have any still? They may have been used in somthing other than projectors. I doubt it but this very week I found an electronics distributor who still had some STK439 Output IC's for the GS. Needless to say I bought up his remaining 5. [Smile] They were also used in some Hi-Fi amplifiers.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2004 06:11 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the main motor of the GS1200 is inside my Goko editor 8008. The motors for the reels are similar to the main motor of the chinon SS1000! Better: the reels motors of a latest GS1200 I saw (1984 on the label on the motor) are the same of the main motor of the Chinon.

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 04, 2004 08:04 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Very interesting Ugo. It means that if there are Chinon or Goko spares about that they may have motors suitable for the GS. Now who did the spares for these machines in the UK. I know Dixons sold the Chinons but I dont know who serviced them. Anyone know who the distributors of Goko editors was.

Kev.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC