8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Lost Horizon

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lost Horizon
Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2004 01:45 PM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
Looking for your help, can any one tell me if the 1973 remake of lost horizon was ever produced on 8mm, i think it unlikely but thought it was worth asking.
I know strange film to look for, but i have my reasons.

Chris. [Smile]

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 10, 2004 04:50 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chris,
I've never even seen a digest version available. Thanks, now I've got "The World is a Circle" running around in my head.
Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 10, 2004 06:29 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes me too!!! Chris your in for it next time we have a cine fest.
Just ordered Spiderman so hopefully that will take my mind of the tune instead. [Wink]

Kev. [Big Grin]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2004 02:02 AM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Altogether now……
The world is a circle without a beginning and nobody knows where the circle ends…… [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------

Erkki Tikkanen
Junior

- posted February 11, 2004 03:25 AM      Profile for Erkki Tikkanen   Email Erkki Tikkanen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am a new member and this is my first post. I know where the circle ends [Smile] because I live on the Arctic Circle and it starts and ends right here [Smile] .
Seriously, I live in Rovaniemi, Finland and have been a Super8 fan for 26 years now. I collect all kind of Super8 material, I also make my own films with my Beaulieu cameras and show them with my Elmo GS1200 projector.

Erkki

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2004 03:56 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the 8mm Forum Erkki hope you like what you find.
How strong is the 8mm scene in Finland?
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Erkki Tikkanen
Junior

- posted February 11, 2004 04:53 AM      Profile for Erkki Tikkanen   Email Erkki Tikkanen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mal,
the 8mm scene is not so strong here in Finland at the moment, but is becoming stronger all the time, after the silent years. We have one good forum for Super8 in the net and we have had some competitions already for filmers using this wonderful film format.

Next week we have a short program in our national TV about the 8mm situation in Finland 2004!

More and more young people are becoming aware of this film format and they are eager to learn more. That is a good thing!

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 11, 2004 06:44 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Erkki to the forum. Hope you enjoy it and join in to the full. [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2004 06:49 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting. Perhaps a film collectors convention is required inside the Arctic Circle?

Kevin, you've taken the plunge and order Classic's greatest release. Well done. All you need now is sync' pulse to go with it.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2004 06:49 AM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Erkki,
Glad my thread as done something, another new member [Smile]
And another GS owner, dont forget to post the serial number for Mr Elmo. Of course i can't do this as i am GS less [Frown]

Chris.

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 11, 2004 07:02 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
John, Sorted [Wink] Kev.

--------------------

Erkki Tikkanen
Junior

- posted February 11, 2004 08:21 AM      Profile for Erkki Tikkanen   Email Erkki Tikkanen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for warm welcomes [Smile]

There was years ago an Arctic Film Festival happening. It was organized every year back in the 70´s and 80´s. It was for filmmakers and there were films from filmmakers all over the world. I would like to organize a Film Collectors Festival also. We have had some screenings on winter time outside, projecting the films on the "snow screen". That was fun! Just imagine black sky, white snow, -20 Celsius "warm" and old 8mm films projected on the snow screen.

Erkki [Smile]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC