8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » 3D FILMS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 3D FILMS
Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 13, 2004 09:57 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering how many 3D films are available , or have been released, on super 8. The only ones that come to mind are:

Creature from the Black Lagoon
It Came from Outer Space

Are there any others?

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

|  IP: Logged

Duncan MacLeod
Junior

- posted February 13, 2004 11:01 AM      Profile for Duncan MacLeod   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan MacLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Paul,

Derann stock Pardon My Backfire (Stooges), Murder In 3-D (Pete Smith), Audiocopiks 1 & 2 and It Came With Outer Space.

As for other titles Colombia released The Mad Magician and a series of Three Stooges 1 reelers.

A shameless plug I know but feel free to order you're copies. Remember 2 pairs of glasses with each film. [Wink]

All the best,

Duncan

--------------------
Why not visit the Derann Film Services website on www.derann.co.uk

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 13, 2004 11:05 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Paul,
I love non-Elmo questions!
Columbia released two Three Stooges silent 50 footers, "Spooks" and Tails(!) of Horror". They also had a 200 ft 3D version of "The Mad Magician". Later on they released a 400 ft "Mad Magician" which had great 3D effects, but was badly edited.
Derann has the 3D films "Audioscopiks","Audioscopiks 2" and the 400' Three Stooges "Pardon My Backfire" which is a lot of fun.
I haven't seen the second Audioscopiks, but the 3D effect in the first is lacking. There is also "Murder in the Third Dimension" in which a skeleton, Frankenstein's Monster, and a Zulu warrior(!) all threaten our hero by throwing various objects at the camera.
I think the films you mentioned are really the best ones available. I love 3D and I pull those out again and again.
Doug

Of course, while I was typing this reply, Duncan answered you first. Damn these slow fingers!

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2004 03:36 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A Warning on 3-D films...

If you get ahold of red-green anaglyphic 3-D prints, be very sure that they are printed on low-fade film stock. If not, and the print has faded, then you can forget a 3-D effect...

I'm not sure what happens with polorized prints - but I'm not even sure that they exist for super 8...

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 13, 2004 05:06 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
My god Duncan, you have come out of hiding again! [Big Grin]
Now what are you going to release next [Wink]

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 15, 2004 04:54 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan, How about a cinemascope extract from the last samurai?

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 15, 2004 12:00 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just sent Paul a jpeg of the 3D page from a 1973 Columbia catalog. If anyone else would also like one, just e-mail me.
Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Philippe Cuypers
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 15, 2004 02:54 PM      Profile for Philippe Cuypers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello Doug ! Yes I would like one too from the 1973 catalog columbia! thanks doug!

--------------------
Philippe Cuypers

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted February 15, 2004 03:54 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Doug! Great Info.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Philippe Cuypers
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2004 07:58 AM      Profile for Philippe Cuypers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank You Doug ! again like always , for the great information ! It bring back a lot of memory ! specialy does saturday morning at willougby & store at 34street ,in new york! great times!

--------------------
Philippe Cuypers

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC