8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » NEW RELEASES FROM DERANN!!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NEW RELEASES FROM DERANN!!!!
Duncan MacLeod
Junior

- posted February 16, 2004 11:01 AM      Profile for Duncan MacLeod   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan MacLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some nice trailers for you all to look through and hopefully purchase [Smile]

Elf / Cat In The Hat - Scope - £17.50
The Last Samurai - Scope - £14.00
Matrix Revolutions - £14.00
Master and Commander:The Far Side Of The World - £14.00

Also coming soon.......

Return Of The King - Scope
Peter Pan (2004) - Scope

In the pipeline we have a nice little cartoon and an epic 400footer but we will let you know all about it when confirmed.

Think that's all........as usual orders can be placed with myself (U.K) duncan@derann.co.uk or with Gary (overseas) gary@derann.co.uk.

Thanks again,

Duncan

--------------------
Why not visit the Derann Film Services website on www.derann.co.uk

|  IP: Logged

Colin Preston
Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2004 05:33 PM      Profile for Colin Preston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Duncan
Does your Epic 400' have the letters M, A & TRIX [Roll Eyes] in there somewhere?
Col [Big Grin]

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 16, 2004 05:58 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan, I really like the 600'(180m)digest/cutdown, as opposed to the more traditional and familiar 400' reel; and I understand that you have to pay more to get more. Since most(?)super 8 projectors have 600' capacity, tell me what I don't know. Why produce a 400 footer instead of a 600 footer? Thanks!

--------------------
Joe Taffis

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2004 02:29 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think I can answer that Joe - cost.

Film collectors aren't exactly a thriving breed and Derann are doing their best to keep new product coming for us few who are left. A 30 minute extract would cost getting on for £100 whereas they are putting out the 12-13 minute extracts from £40. This is a far more tempting proposition for those collectors left.

As Duncan said some time ago, to guarantee getting their money back on a feature release Derann would have to sell 50 copies. What chance is there of that happening nowadays?

Keep the extracts coming Duncan. Now what about a second extract from Gladiator? Then we'll have third...

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 17, 2004 02:03 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be having that last samura trailer, the film is superb and if you do a 400 footer of that one i'll be there. [Wink]

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted February 17, 2004 03:08 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just ordered Gladiator & Fith Eliment through Steve Osborn here in the states.
I agree with John..keep the Gladiator extracts coming in hopes they will eventually add up to the full feature, boy are we sneaky
[Razz]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 17, 2004 03:56 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I reckon thats an excellent idea, thats how columbia did Jason and the argonauts and a couple a sinbad films but they did it on 200fts. I suppose it must be up to us the collectors to purchase them and maybe if they go well another extract could be on the cards, isn't it weird how 8mm seems to be going full circle, lets all hope it also pics up some steam, it does seem to be.
Well done Derann, [Wink]

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2004 02:47 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well said Tom. Now which sequence from Gladiator do we want next? I'm for the whole opening right from the credits to the end of the battle.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Duncan MacLeod
Junior

- posted February 18, 2004 03:18 AM      Profile for Duncan MacLeod   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan MacLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Apologies for the lack or response......my busy schedule had me out of the office yesterday [Wink]

Joe..... pretty much what John said and I take your points on board. If we can get hold of a good 30min extract then I see no reason why we can't give it a try, it's just finding the material that can pose the problem.

Colin.....never been that good at anagrams so couldn't re-arrange the letters to make a current movie [Roll Eyes] Apologies but I will have to keep silent on this one for the moment.

All the best for now,

Duncan

--------------------
Why not visit the Derann Film Services website on www.derann.co.uk

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 18, 2004 06:36 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan, How about some of these scope trailers in stereo as well?

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 18, 2004 08:33 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Duncan for your reply, as you may know, I too am a regular customer of Derann, and wish you guys all the best. Take comfort in the fact that you have many defenders, supporters, and spokesmen here on the forum.... [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 18, 2004 10:54 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan,
Is there a chance that Derann could release a different trailer for the first LOTR, aside from the teaser? The one I'm thinking of, which can be seen at
http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/fellowship_of_the_ring/240.html
summarizes the story and would make a great lead in (especially in scope!) to your "Mines of Moria" extract.
Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 19, 2004 03:00 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Douglas it will require someone to get hold of a 35mm print of that trailer to put it out. As these only seem to come up for sale in the US how about having a go?

http://www.35mmforum.com/ is the place to register and track down all sorts of wonderful stuff. Shipping costs to the UK are what generally put me off otherwise it would all be pretty cheap.

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC