8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » GS-1200 Xenon lamp update

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: GS-1200 Xenon lamp update
Steven Sigel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2004 12:54 PM      Profile for Steven Sigel   Email Steven Sigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

I've just had word from Alan G. that the latest revision of the GS-1200 Xenon lamp from Superior Quartz products is working like a champ. Alan is going to run it for a while to verify that there are no problems with prolonged use, and he'll probably post the final results here.

I believe that the price of these lamps will be $204 + shipping (check with SQP for an exact quote). This is much less than the price that dealers are getting for the old Toshiba lamps. They can be ordered from Superior Quartz Products - their website is www.sqpuv.com. The lamp part # is SX-2502. You may need to call them to order it, since it's a new product.

Just FYI - you should expect a lead time - they are making these lamps to order and I believe it takes them 4-6 weeks to make one.

I recommend that anyone with a Xenon GS-1200 order a spare -- we need to show some support to SQP -- they went through a lot of trouble to make these lamps and get them working right so that we'll be able to get them for the forseeable future - long after the supplies of the original Toshiba lamps have completely vanished.

They've also got the following lamps available for Xenon 16mm projectors:

SX-2501 : 250W ELMO 16-CL Xenon
SX-3501 : 350W EIKI Xenon (most models)

|  IP: Logged

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2004 11:37 AM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Ive watched several movies sense the bulb arrived and so far everything is stable. Ive also lite the lamp on several occasions just for testing purposes. I think they have this perfected at this point. Just as bright and uniform as my stock bulb.
Of course we have no track record for longevity. I would not let that stop you from buying this bulb and for that we need more people willing to take the plunge. For the money $204 US dollars this is a great deal. Thats $110.7 for our friends overseas.
Thats cheap.
Hey, everyone should have a back up:)

Im glad to answer any questions regarding my experience so far with this bulb.

Bob Pucci
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 07, 2004 05:28 PM      Profile for Bob Pucci     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan count me in on buying one.

Bob

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2004 03:14 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I want one of these lamps! I have not and original Elmo xenon, but I want to be ready if I'll get it!
Alan, count me too!

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2004 09:32 AM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys

The bulbs are ready for order. As mentioned by Steve there may be a few weeks lead time so be aware when placing your order.

You order direct from http://www.sqpuv.com.

Ask for Denny Jr
DenJr@sqpuv.com

SX-2501 : 250W ELMO 16-CL Xenon
SX-3501 : 350W EIKI Xenon (most models)

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 21, 2004 09:23 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I spoke to Denny at SQP today and placed my order. Thanks again to Steven for making this happen and thanks to Alan for risking life and limb (those bulb explosions can be so nasty!) in the testing process.
Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 27, 2004 12:27 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
These sound like good lamps. I might also buy a spare although I do have a spare Toshiba lamp in case that unhappy time should come.
What I do want to get is a spare Lamp reflector for my GS Xenon. Its exactly the same part as used in the 16CL xenon. Anyone any ideas?

4LB0701 Ellipse Mirror (Elmo part number)

Cheers, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Ian John
Junior

- posted April 27, 2004 06:32 PM      Profile for Ian John   Email Ian John   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Folks,

I don't own an GS xenon projector, but can anyone tell me how many hours are these or the stock lamps rated at (just for my info) I have an Eiki 1500 xenon 16mm and the Ushio UXL 300D-O is rated at 1000 hours, but by keeping the number of strikes down and using a lower wattage setting, most people can get up to 2000 hours, so I just needed to compare the rating with the 8mm xenons.

Thanks for any info.

Ian.

--------------------
Keeping 16mm Christian Films Alive.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC