8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Matrix

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Matrix
Colin Preston
Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2004 06:18 PM      Profile for Colin Preston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Guys

Just wondered if anyone knows if those labs in Germany ever did a print of The Matix, and if so, Where would be the best place to try to get hold of one [Roll Eyes]

Cheers
Col

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2004 02:14 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, they didn't. Derann have a couple of trailers though and the 'Final Flight of the Osiris' sequence from 'The Animatrix'.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2004 06:34 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think we have to ask to Derann or CHC to print Matrix (first movie) and the next "Troy".
If CHC or Derann Will receive the right number of reservation, I thin they will print the film.

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2004 06:48 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think a 400 foot scope/stereo clip of the first Matrix would outsell even the great Gladiator clip!

The perfect scene would be when Reeves and the girl (I forgot her name) go in to rescue Lawrence Fishburn's character from the agents inside the sky-scraper building. This scene is so full of action and special effects that would be great for showing off our super 8 scope and stereo capabilities.

This scene is also very self contained (like the Gladiator clip) and does not give away the ending to the movie.

Nick.

Colin Preston
Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2004 08:09 AM      Profile for Colin Preston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Ugo and James

I have already spoken (or pestered) Duncan at Derann, the only problem they have is finding some Master Material [Frown] .
If they had master material to use then I am certain we would see some Matrix on Super 8 [Big Grin]

Does anyone on the Forum know where they may get some master material? [Confused]

Col

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2004 10:13 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny, I thought The Matrix was a bit too predictable. Enjoyable nonsense that didn't require any brain power but I felt I'd seen it all before. Not one I'd be particularly interested in but if the extract was good enough...

I don't know of anyone with a 35mm print so it's not a likely contender for a Super 8 release just yet. I'm sure if it could have been printed it would have been by now. Perhaps someone ought to keep a look out for a print. I bet it'll be expensive though.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC