8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Question for Derann RE: email list

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Question for Derann RE: email list
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted June 29, 2004 11:22 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sure that I am not the only one who replies with their order from Derann only to receive, "Our apologies but film *** has been sold". But I noticed something strange. An old email account I never check was checked and I had an email list from Derann received 6/25/2004. I thought it was a double of some sort as I had not received the list at my current email account. But it was not! I recieved this same list on 6/29/2004.
How does that work? If this is the case then I will always be left with only "The Rose" available!
No wonder all the titles are gone by the time I respond. The list by the time it gets to me could be as old as 4 days!
Any thoughts?

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 29, 2004 01:45 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bit of a difficult one for me to answer but with regard to the paper lists that are sent out these are always 4-5 days old when we recieve them here in the south west, our post service was always here by 7-7.30 am before they "reformed"it, now its any time,if we are lucky. Like everything else in this crappy country, postal service is going to the walls, We'r to busy looking after all the other cultures moving into this once great country, (even the red arrows are on the list for being dis-banded),What chance do we have with getting our lists on time, HOWEVER! ! ! . my e-mail lists seem ok and if i see something on it i like i always phone rather than e mail back. [Wink]

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted June 29, 2004 03:25 PM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tom, do you by any chance belong to a political forum?
Maybe you should stand at the next elections as a cine MP, i would vote for you. [Wink]

Chris.

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 30, 2004 03:20 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I blame Ken Livingstone.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Duncan MacLeod
Junior

- posted June 30, 2004 03:28 AM      Profile for Duncan MacLeod   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan MacLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Alan,

Hopefully clear this one up for you.

The lists are compiled and dispatched approx every 4 weeks. They are sent via conventional mail on the Thursday and sent via email last thing on Friday night.

Contrary to many comments I have heard recently email customers do not have an unfair advantage as every one has the weekend to view the lists. As ever it is a first come first served situation and we do stress it is always best to phone as this does take preference on a Monday morning.

As for the delayed email I'm no computer engineer but I know that some people definitely receive them before others..... something to do with volume of traffic on different servers [Confused] If any one can pass on a technical explanation a big thanks.

Finally the website competition will be released tomorrow so best of luck.

All the best,

Duncan

--------------------
Why not visit the Derann Film Services website on www.derann.co.uk

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 30, 2004 02:07 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hehe, good shout chris and John, I'll stand down on that one,
Seriously, as Duncan said, re lists, if possible i always do try and ring, its a little bit of a battle to get through on that manic Monday but Spare of thought for the boy's taking those calls,
But you do have my permission to curse when you get thru and they say, "Sorry that one's gone". [Confused] Oh cobbler's [Big Grin]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC