8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » "Fake" 1.1 Schneider lens

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: "Fake" 1.1 Schneider lens
Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2004 03:22 AM      Profile for Heinz-Juergen Schachner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I just finished to assemble a "fake" 1.1 Schneider lens from a 1.3 Schneider lens. The differences between the "fake" lens and the original 1.1 Schneider lens are quite obvious. The front cover of both lenses can be screwed off very easily, but if you apply the front cover of the 1.1 lens on the 1.3 lens, the difference can be seen clearly. The 1.3 lens has only been installed in the older Studio-Series (Bauer T 500, T 520, T 600 and older). It is shorter than the 1.1 and 1.2 lenses which were installed in the latest Studio-Series (BAUER T 502, T 510, T 525 and T 610). If the front cover of the 1.1 lens is attached on the 1.3 lens a gap of nearly 2 cm can be seen on the "fake" 1.1 lens. This can be seen on the following pictures:

Best Wishes

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Germany

[ July 20, 2004, 11:11 AM: Message edited by: Heinz-Juergen Schachner ]

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted July 20, 2004 10:58 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I did not quite get the thing to look at from that description so will try now.
But heinz, are you still saying I changed the lens myself to mislead you and get something out of you or have you now accepted I am an honest chap because that really says the opossite.
My origional words were its a shame etc no tension no funnyness or whatever all in good polite terms.
best Mark.

[ July 20, 2004, 11:59 AM: Message edited by: Mark Todd ]

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2004 11:26 AM      Profile for Heinz-Juergen Schachner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark,

your post is not correct. The lens is in fact about 2 cm in the cover. The short 1.1 lenses for the BAUER T 50 or T 500/600 were directly beginning at the front.

I mean the gap between the end of the front cover and the starting of the lens casing. The front cover must end exactly at the lens casing.

Sorry for the misunderstanding but I really think that you are a honest chap. I just do not believe that you did get a 1.3 lens with a 1.1 lens cover attached. I would have seen that FOR SURE. This is why I wanted to look at it first. By the way: There is no difference in the diameter of the two lenses as far as I have seen.

Best Wishes

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Germany

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC