8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » BOLEX SOUND 715 PROJECTOR - PROBLEM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BOLEX SOUND 715 PROJECTOR - PROBLEM
Colin Auty
Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2004 04:50 AM      Profile for Colin Auty   Email Colin Auty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just recently purchased the above projector from EBay -
in good working condition , however I'm having problems with the volume control knob , when I turn up the volume to a reasonable level all that can be heard is a very loud hum - no sound track?

Any ideas how this can be rectified ?

Thanks Colin

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted July 31, 2004 10:56 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi make sure the pressure plate is pressing the magnetic stripe onto the sound head.
Thats something to try first.
Also take the back off and look for any wires not reconnected etc, shooting a bit in the dark, but good luck.

Colin Preston
Film Handler

- posted July 31, 2004 06:47 PM      Profile for Colin Preston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HI Colin
I ued to have one of these machines and (strangely) had the very same problem [Mad] .
I checked the plate as Mark suggests but it did not make any difference. As I only had limited knowledge, I had to settle with having the volume set just below the point where the sound would cut out [Frown] .
I would imagine that the problem is due to a component on the board somewhere. Might be worth getting someone who can test the electronics to have a look at it
Col

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC