8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » an old friend on ebay again... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: an old friend on ebay again...
Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 27, 2004 11:28 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi In, fear not I meant £400 privately becaue you usually have to fix or replace a few bits then.
I think in projectors you are probaly the most fair inded dealer and if I had the shekels I`d have had one off you years ago.
I just think the prices are abit high, better if you could buy them for £300 and sell for £600, but you can dream.
Only sniffing thermofilm up here but they do say you can find some very nice small coney shaped mushrooms that float your boat, if you are up early and miss the rush.
Best Mark.

|  IP: Logged

Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2004 12:00 PM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark
Are you implying that the prices I charge for Projectors are fair.........but the films I sell are not? [Mad]
Keep digging mark, that hole is getting pretty deep [Big Grin]
Regards
uncle Ian
The very fair projector dealer, but unfair film dealer [Frown]

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2004 12:24 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr O'Reilly,

I am now wearing sack cloth and ashes for my unkind remark [Frown] . I apologise without reservation. [Roll Eyes]

Indeed you are right [Big Grin] . I had not given a thought about all those mouths you have to feed, the £500K plus house in London to maintain, the not inexpensive cars you have to drive, the many many holidays you are forced to take (which involves taking away large amounts of Euro gained from the local post office).

Thank goodness there are a few widows out there [Wink]

And all done with flair and ethics (although I am not sure about how that corresponds to some of the tales you have told me [Wink]

--------------------
Tony

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 27, 2004 03:38 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Must be the magic mushrooms!!! [Big Grin]

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 27, 2004 03:48 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Ian I forgot to say that Perrys movies films are the best and also best value in the UK.
Best Mark.
( nice free L+H in the post please)

Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 27, 2004 04:03 PM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Films on it's way Mark. [Wink]

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted September 27, 2004 04:11 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Smashing Ian, but there is sad news, the episode of top gear was taped over before I could spot you in vehicular ecstacy as it were.
Probably as a result of " whats that crap he`s taped on here now"
By the way does Jeremy Clarkson drive on the right instead of the left, if you catch my drift.
best Mark.
Just someting I cuaght him saying in one of his other programs!!!!!!

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2004 12:20 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

"Honest Ian " is certainly a real Gent to deal with I agree.

--------------------
Tony

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2004 08:21 AM      Profile for Heinz-Juergen Schachner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

the best price I did buy an ELMO GS-1200 STEREO for was EUR 150.00 with the 1.1 lens. This machine was in excellent condition and it went to a Mr. Robin Palmer in England.

I never had any troubles with my conscience when buying something for a really good price. After all, you do not know what arrives when you must rely on a photo of the machine, only. If you have to repair the machine for lots of money, the deal was in the end not as good as expected. Thus I do understand Ian very well. I would not sell a fully maintained machine for little money myself.

By the way: I have always been very happy with the many purchases I have done at Perrys Movies. Ian has always been very kind, reliable and fair. If Ian tells that a print is in excellent condition you can really rely on this blindly. This has not always been the case with Paul Foster or Derann, who write "A-condition" very quickly and the prints are "B-" if not worse.

Best Wishes

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Germany

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC